E5-575G-52RJ Error 41 kernel power shutoff

eoinwickens
eoinwickens Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi there,

Since i bought the laptopin November I've been having a problem intermittently with my laptop only when on battery. The problem occurs randomly after receiving a Kernel-Power error 41 in event logger. The computer shuts off with no warning and no error message, just an instant shutoff. This error seems to happen sometimes more often, yet other times less so. But there is no identifying factor that could be causing it. 

Error1.PNGError2.PNG

I also have a constant reccuring issue called WHEA-Logger, which is a problem that a good few people who own laptops in this range seem to have. 

"

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

BusSmiley Very Happyevice:Function: 0x0:0x1D:0x2
Vendor IDSmiley Very Happyevice ID: 0x8086:0x9D1A
Class Code: 0x30400

The details view of this entry contains further information."

Error3.PNGError4.PNGerror5.PNG

Through extensive forum reading i found that the problem might've been updated drivers, or even in this case rolling the drivers back. I've tried everything from updating to rolling back drivers for each and any possible part of the computer. 

I'm quite annoyed that this is the case as this has been going on since I bought the laptop. Hopefully it's easy to resolve. 

Answers

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Wow, new one on me. I have the E-575G-527J never seen that. Note a bit of glitch when switching from ac power to battery and back but not a crash of any sort. My research shows issue with bios and intel chipset drivers.  Could try this that I found-

You must execute in Administrator mode prompt
    bcdedit /set pciexpress forcedefault

After you do this restart.  Stuff to check would be bios updated, manual install of current chipset drivers- download from acer, open zip, unzip the exe (try zip7) and manually install from that.

• eoinwickens
    Thanks a million for such a quick response. Funnily enough just as i was typing out the bcd line the computer had another error 41 and shut itself off. So the line you gave me responds as an invalid as specified, I believe the only options are either default or forcedisable. I typed in default anyway so we can see how that goes, unless you meant the other option! Will update the BIOS tomorrow morning as it's quite late now. Thanks again will keep you updated
  • eoinwickens

Right, Bios updated from 1.04 to 1.20. Not too long after i rebooted the computer I had another error 41 so that fix didn't work unfortunately. The chipset drivers had been updated a while ago to the latest off the acer website. I took apart the computer and reseated the battery and its connections, just to make sure there was nothing loose or anything like that, it's been 40 minutes since i did that and the computer is working fine but that's not enough time to tell if anything has fixed. I'm presuming it's either a battery connection problem or some sort of malfunction with the PCI express from these error 17's as shown above. But i'm only speculating. 

If anyone has any other advice it'd be well appreciated! 

• Trukntigger
    Trukntigger Member Posts: 256 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Was the driver update done before or after bios update?  If before  things can and do change making system unstable and a newer driver or refresh of several may be in order.  Always chipset- I have no real reason why but that one seems to get buggy with bios updates.

• jytmmr96
    jytmmr96 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Did you ever figure out a solution to this issue?   Did a BIOS update solve it?  I have the same problem on my Aspire F15 F5-573G-74NG.  Have been searching for days trying to find a solution.