can gtx 1050ti dual fan fit into tc-605 mother board

IceMochaX
IceMochaX Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

can a gtx 1050 it dual fan fit  into tc-605 motherboard 

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

You might have to get out a tape measurer and check to see.  If it hits the USB 3.0 cable, then some people have used the cable below as a workaround.

https://www.moddiy.com/products/USB-3.0-20%252dPin-Internal-Header-Ribbon-Cable-(Low-Profile-Connector).html?gclid=CPigp8W4zscCFQataQod1BUPgA

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

The TC-605 and TC-705 use the same mainboard, so the topic below might be of help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Aspire-TC-705-EB53-with-dual-slot-video-card/td-p/409939

Another user on this forum told me that you really shouldn't go over 8.5 inches in card length based on his personal experience.  This is due to the fact that there is very little clearance between the card and the bottom of the TC-605 case and cooling (airflow) is not very good with cards over 8.5 inches long.

If the card you get is between 6.9 inches and 8.5 inches or longer, you'll definitely need that USB 3.0 cable mod because the Acer USB 3.0 cable is very stiff and gets in the way.  Some people just disconnect the USB 3.0 cable, but I use my front USB 3.0 too much to do that.

In some rare cases, the audio cable can get in the way depending on the design of the card.  For me personally, I installed a card that was 6.7 inches (a mini ITX card) and the audio cable didn't get in the way.  It barely missed the audio cable (from an elevation clearance standpont).   And the USB 3.0 cable didn't get in the way.  It barely fit.

**Most** dual slot graphics card will rise above the audio cable and it won't be a problem. But not all.

I'm not an Acer employee.