Battery plugged in, not charging AFTER FORMATTING

ricargv
ricargv Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi to everybody and sorry for my english, Im still learning!
The point is that I formatted a friend's m3-581tg laptop and the battery was working.
After the format and installing all the drivers from the oficial site, the battery says that it's plugged in but not charging.
I tried to solve doing some things I saw on Internet but still not working.
- Reinstalling ACPI drivers...
- Removing the battery, uninstalling them and plugging it again...

When I formatted it I dismounted it as well because the screen was broken and I fixed it, but everything it's plugged in again ????

Is buy a new battery the best option?

I'm scared if after buy it, it will happens again.

Thanks!!!

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

Acer can guarantee that if you are running the Acer OEM version of the operating system, the hardware will function as it should. If you are running a non-OEM version of Windows this may be the problem. We would recommend you contact Acer in your region to inquire about recovery media for the laptop. Once restored using the Acer OEM operating system and if it still will not charge, we would recommend service at that point. Please contact Acer support to inquire about recovery media or repair:

https://www.acer.com/worldwide/

• ricargv
    ricargv Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Thank you for the answer.

For sure the OS is a OEM version, no worries about that.

I didn't contact Acer because it has not warranty, I bought it 5 years ago. Instead of that, I bought a new battery on Internet and now it is working without problems.

Kind regards,

Ricar Garcia.