Bios for aspire V5-122P

Buzzmeok
Buzzmeok Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi Im not sure if im in the right place. I have Acer Aspire V5-122P-0643 I am trying to update the bios and I have currently 2.7 When I try to update it to 2.10 it says you have to download 2.6 critical secure mechanism change. Any ways I would like to install windows 10. But when I did install windows 10, I would get black screen and all the controlls lock up and freeze, so I went back to installing windows 8.1  I have 8.1 Pro in it now. Anyone know where I can find 2.6 Bios update and when I do get that how do i update it to 2.12? I dont see all of the bios update versions

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

are you sure you have version 2.7?

have you checked on BIOS screen?

this is 2.06 BIOS version:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_2.06_A_A.zip?acerid=635086150518678706&Step1=ULTRA-THIN&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20V5-122P&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

if you are able to install version 2.6, i think you can update straight to 2.12

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Buzzmeok

Yes I do have 2.7. You can see this by going to msinfo32. But I dont know why it says I need to download 2.6 critical secure mechanism change. I dont understand this. That is like going backwards. Even if I dont want to go to 2.6  even if i wanted to go up. There is no 2.8,2.9 on the website. so when I do try to download 2.10 witch is the lowest available that message comes up (you have to download 2.6 critical secure mechanism change).

• IronFly

please write 2.06 since 2.6 is another version and it doesn't exist. Smiley Wink

about the 2.06 request even if your version is 2.07, honestly i don't know.

Other BIOS versions:

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/4729?b=1

click on BIOS, then click on ALL, this will give you all the available BIOS

BIOS all.png

• Buzzmeok

Oh nice thank you. I am going to update 2.06 and then go up from there to 2.12. I hope I can load windows 10 on this laptop with out the screen locking up or going black. The last time I loaded windows 10 it went black and there  was no way to uninstall the amd drivers because of the blank screen or if the screen does load it will freeze up.

• IronFly
    Ok, let me know.
  • Buzzmeok

Hi Yes that worked. Thanks! I was looking at the wrong Bios. There are 2 places you can see Bois (MSINFO32) When you go to that page, that gives you all your inforamtion. But there are 2 bios you can get mixed up Mine was at 2.06 I did update it to 2.12. The other bios is SMBIOS 2.7 The real bios Bios Version date is 2.12. I have installed windows 10 but after the updates the system started freezing and became unusable. I guess this is only good for winows 8.1 ONLY.  I have loaded windows 7 and it had many problems also. Will not see the network adapter and black screen so uninstalled the video card driver and then it works but sill no ethernet adapter can be seen.