Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

ACER Aspire Switch 10E

I couldn't view the picture I've taken. Picture save automatically on CAMERA ROLL folder. When I click the saved picture, it gives me this message:

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC could not open 'WiN20160919_083547 JPG' because it is either not a support file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachement and wasn't correctly decoded).

How do I resolve this issue?

FAQ & Answers

•  I get the same thing if I try to open a JPG in Adope reader because it's a reader. Your JPG would open in Adobe Photoshop, or MS Paint, MS photo editor, etc. Try right clicking it and select open with.

• mariettamarietta Member Posts: 2

Thank you for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, I don't have that option. My choices to open the file are Internet Explorer, MS Office Pic Mgr, Paint, Photos (which is the one I'm using -- though JPG), Notepad, Windows Media Player, and Word Pad.

I'm hoping to send the attachment as Adobe Acrobat as not all people that I'm sending it to could open a JPG attachment -- as everyone seems to have the Adobe Reader.

• You can do it in Adobe Acrobat, but not Adobe Reader.

My wife just showed me, you can save a jpg as a pdf in acrobat and open the saved file in Adobe reader, but you can not manipulate the file in Adobe reader. If you have Acrobat, you can send the pic to others who have reader.