Acer Iconia A1 stucks acer logo when turning on until battery drains

Options
Agusfn
Agusfn Member Posts: 12 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello, some months ago i got an Acer Iconia A1 tablet from Amazon, it worked very well, good battery life. Within weeks started happening that the tablet would reboot itself while using it, a little frecuent but somewhat annoying.

The problem now is that some days ago, while using it normally, the screen got frozen and i couldn't power it off nor do anything until it powered off when the battery got empty. When i plug it to charge, it shows the battery loading screen but with the battery filled with like 10%, and even if i wait some hours, the battery progress stays the same. Then if i unplug it and turn the tablet on, it shows the acer logo but it stays always there, it never changes the screen. I cannot do anything with it, then it turns off when the battery drains depending on how much the battery charged.

I wanted to know what shall i do to fix this. I think the warranty only works in the usa since it was bought there, but it was brought to Argentina, so i don't think this is an option. I saw i could hard reset it with the recovery menu, but before doing anything i wanted to ask here.

Regards

Answers

• Agusfn
    Options

To add: i never changed anything from the tablet, it has the factory firmware jelly bean, and i remember it auto updated a couple of times. I am currently charging it.

• roadwarrior796
    roadwarrior796 Member Posts: 273 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

First thing to do is to reset the Android system, gently insert a straightened paper clip in to the reset hole while the tablet is on, the system should reset and hopefully cure your problem.

• Agusfn
    Options

Okay, I unplugged it, turned it on, the screen was stuck at 'acer' logo, pressed the button in the hole and the tablet turned off. I waited some seconds to see if it was restarting but it turned it off definetly, turned it on again with the power button and same thing: the turn-on-vibration and the acer logo stuck for unlimited time. It seems it does not change the problem. how should i proceed?

• roadwarrior796
    Options

Unfortunately, you may now need to do a Hard Reset, this will return the tablet to new condition BUT it will wipe all of your information from the device, you will lose all the personal stuff you have stored on the tablet. If you wish to carry this out remove any external SD cards you have installed yourself and follow the link, I would stress that this is a last resort and only to be done if the tablet is completely unuseable, even then, if your tablet is seriously boot looped, it may not work :

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30956

• Agusfn
    Options

Entered recovery and made the factory reset. Rebooted after that and the problem is still there, the exact same problem. I find this strange, as it could load the recovery and do the reset, it shows that the display is working correctly, the cpu and the memory functions too... so i don't know why this would happen.. what can it be? corrupted system files? i still don't understand how this can happen out of nowhere. is it hard bricked?

• roadwarrior796
    edited October 2019
    Options

Sadly it does look like your tablet is bricked, it could be a corruption in the Android files but it could be a hardware fault to.

• Agusfn
    Options
    I've just read it. So is the any non official way to install another update.zip or to reinstall the current firmware fixed?
  • Agusfn
    Options

Okay, i tried to install that RV21RC02_WW_GEN1_update.zip update but it gave me this error:

check.partition.size=[__PROP_UNDEFINED__]
    installation aborted.

The same happened to a guy in the thread i posted above, so i don't know how to continue. Also, i see in many sites different people having the same problem: a bootloop with the acer logo stuck, but i don't see any answer... but most of them tried to root their tablets, i didn't, i was just using it and it froze.

Did anyone experience this problem? This is freaking me out

• Agusfn
    Options

And i forgot, after that error, it is still the same, i can access recovery but the acer logo is still there when trying to power it up normally.

• roadwarrior796
    Options

Again this brings us back to my post Firmware and Upgrades, Acer will not make a ROM or disc image available for their customers but say they ate considering it. COME ON ACER YOU HAVE CONSIDERED IT LONG ENOUGH, TALK IS CHEAP BUT YOUR CUSTOMERS WANT SOME ACTION.

• Agusfn
    Options
    So.. there's no way i can fix it by myself, except contacting acer and seeing if i can use the warranty?
  • roadwarrior796
    Options

Unless Acer provide a ROM or disc image you would be left to try and source an image on line which you have done, unsuccessfully. It's outrageous behaviour by Acer, like Microsoft not providing a disc or disc image for one of their laptops. I am now advising my friends not to buy Acer android tablets.

• roadwarrior796
    Options

Found this today, not sure if you will be able to follow it as I don't know your skill level, if your tablet is bricked you have nothing to lose :http://kitkatjellybeanupdateb.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/upgradeupdate-acer-iconia-tab-a1-810-to.html

• Agusfn
    Options

It seems the tablet has to be 'alive' to do many of the steps that that blog says (install clockworkmod recovery, etc). And also, the download links link to a survey download site. Okay... it seems i will have to contact amazon or acer.

Thanks for your support, if you have any update please post it.

• kent1009
    kent1009 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I need to file RV21RC02_WW_GEN1_update.zip. please give me. because the link was deleted at the Ubutun

• mr_tickle
    mr_tickle Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    I have found a solution to this issue that works with my A1 811 every time it locks up and gets stuck on the Acer boot logo. These steps must be followed EXACTLY as shown below and in order, otherwise it won't work. 1) Unplug from mains electricity 2) Remove SD Card 3) Reboot Aso that Acer in big letters appears on screen 4) Leave until battery has drained completely, can take 24 hours 5) When tablet has run out of battery and switched off plug in and charge for 1 hour 6) Switch off charger and unplug from mains power 7) Reboot 8) Insert SD Card
  • Jillyem
    Jillyem Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Thank you Road Warrior, you have fixed my problem!!  Now I just have to find out how to transfer my Acer ebooks and documents to my Samsung Tab A. I can feel the grey hair sprouting!