Windows 7 Drivers for Aspire Desktop ATC-710-ER63 (DT.B15AA.019)

nspackrat
nspackrat Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Going to purchase the above Acer desktop. However, I will be deleting Windows 10 and installing Windows 7 so I need the Windows 7 drivers. Can't find these on Acer support for this desktop. Can anyone help?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

you need to do a manual search other hardware manufacters websites, since windows 7 is not officialy supported.

if you can't understand which driver is missing after the installation:

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it on google

normally you will find some results, be aware of some website forcing you to install crap software or pay to download drivers, don't do it!

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

you need to do a manual search other hardware manufacters websites, since windows 7 is not officialy supported.

if you can't understand which driver is missing after the installation:

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it on google

normally you will find some results, be aware of some website forcing you to install ***** software or pay to download drivers, don't do it!

• nspackrat
    nspackrat Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the advice IronFly. As long as I can find the chipset drivers that wil get me started.

• IronFly
    You can download Intel driver update software, it will help you for sure:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24345/Intel-Driver-Update-Utility
  • Howie
    Howie Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks – I got all the drivers with the exception of the one for the Ethernet controller.

Everything is running great with the exception of not being able to connect the pc to the modem via a cable. WIFI working great so it’s not really a big deal but it would be nice to the last driver installed to complete the installation. If anyone could help me find the Ethernet Controller driver it would be greatly appreciated.  

• Howie
    Howie Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this!

You no doubt save me hours of searching!