Brand new TC-710 keeps freezing. Have to do a hard shut down. Win10 has been completely updated.

Becky5636
Becky5636 Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2016 Archives

Just got this desktop 3 days ago and since day 1 the computer freezes and I have to do a hard shut down.  I've updated everything and it's still freezing up.

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

Becky5636,

Your computer is so new (Skylake) that honestly I would try to call Acer customer support.

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

I can give you instructions on how to reset the TC-710 to factory condition and how to create a factory default recovery drive.

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29925/~/use-acer-erecovery-management-to-restore-your-system-or-create-recovery-media

One quick question.....are you using Google Chrome as your web browser?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

I am not sure what one you have or if it matters... Only one I know about came with a i5 6400 12gb ram, 3tb drive and a GeForce GT730. Went crazy trying to help a friend out with it..He isn't a very calm person Smiley Happy But that is why we are friends lol Cause I put up with it lol.. When it all came down that he needed to reinstall his Video Drivers. I am not sure if it was some thing that happen with Win10 update but after the Drivers were install for the GT730 it was smooth.. 

Have you looked in your Device Manager and see if there are any drivers that need updating?

James

• Lloydl308
    Lloydl308 Member Posts: 3 New User

I have the exact same problem with our new computer, just randomly freezes. Has anyone returned it???

• Becky5636

Tech support had me return tower (at their cost)  turned out to be a BIOS issue. They uninstalled and reinstalled everything. Have had no problems at all since getting it back. 

• dpayette
    dpayette Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi, 

From what I can judge I'm having the exact same issue with my TC-710, can you do me a favor and tell me what version of BIOS the support team upgraded you to?

If you type 'system information' in the windows 10 search bar and click on the 'system information' desktop app it will be listed. 

I would be very grateful for your help as this issue is extremely frustrating !

Thanks

• Becky5636

American Megatrends, Inc R01-A4 5/18/2016

SMBIOS Version 3.0

Let me know if you need any other info.

• dpayette
    dpayette Member Posts: 4 New User

Got the update and it seems to have worked! Thanks so much for your help!

• Becky5636

You're welcome!  So happy it worked out for you.  

• Lloydl308

Update, got so annoyed with the freezing that I ended up returning it to PC World (with the log of every time it froze and the information from this website). They sent it away and rebuilt it from the BIOS up and updated a driver and touch wood it is now fine. I have even managed to leave it on for over 24 hours and no problems.... 

• Lloydl308

Update my computer started freezing again after 2 months.... returned it and went for a HP

• yesbobber
    yesbobber Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

When looking at the available Bios updates for the TC-710 on the Acer website, I get a little confused as to which version is the lastest. With the way Acer lists the BIOS updates with the date and version numbers, it doesn't seem, to me at least, which is the latest? Comments?

• Becky5636

Here is what they updated my computer to when it was returned to the factory:

American Megatrends, Inc R01-A4 5/18/2016

SMBIOS Version 3.0

Not sure if there have been additional updates since then?

• yesbobber
    yesbobber Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

Thanks for the replies folks.