Acer Aspire V3-571G getting hot.

DavidMBelgium
DavidMBelgium Member Posts: 5 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hello

I own a Acer Aspire V3-571G53216G50Makk for 3 years now. 

But since it was new it kept reaching high temperatures.

And when i'm gaming it gets to nearly 100°C,which isn't good for the GPU & CPU.

But the problem is that the fan won't turn on to 100%.

Does anyone have a solution to change the fan speeds?

Things like Speedfan,Acer FanController don't work.

Or if Acer could update the FanController program,it would be useful.

Hopefully someone could help me

Greetings,

David

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Well, to my knowledge there is no software provided by Acer which could help you control the fan speed for your computer. I had some thermal issues with my notebook and some people suggested me to change the thermal paste. I did it and i got much better temperatures after changing the termal paste in some applications (especially for the GPU) but in other cases, the only thing which I managed, is to reduce the thermal throttling. For example in AIDA64 extreme stress test usually my cpu was running at around 2.2 Ghz before at full load (97 C) due to thermal throttling. After changing the thermal paste, my CPU is running constantly at around 2.9-3.0 Ghz (at 97C). (I7-4720HQ, 2.6 ghz processor) So I got less throttling but as you can see the same temperature. Overall is a very good improvement in my opinion.

So you could try to change the thermal paste and see if this can help you. However, this suggestion is not very good if you don't have a good understanding of a computer, and also a good guide how to dissassemble your computer.

Answers

• Unbendible
    Unbendible Member Posts: 2 New User

I got the same problem too. My computer was in the service for 3 days and the fan is still not working properly. And acer company is recklessly not making a bios that you can control your fans. Its not even working efficiently.

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hello,

Well, to my knowledge there is no software provided by Acer which could help you control the fan speed for your computer. I had some thermal issues with my notebook and some people suggested me to change the thermal paste. I did it and i got much better temperatures after changing the termal paste in some applications (especially for the GPU) but in other cases, the only thing which I managed, is to reduce the thermal throttling. For example in AIDA64 extreme stress test usually my cpu was running at around 2.2 Ghz before at full load (97 C) due to thermal throttling. After changing the thermal paste, my CPU is running constantly at around 2.9-3.0 Ghz (at 97C). (I7-4720HQ, 2.6 ghz processor) So I got less throttling but as you can see the same temperature. Overall is a very good improvement in my opinion.

So you could try to change the thermal paste and see if this can help you. However, this suggestion is not very good if you don't have a good understanding of a computer, and also a good guide how to dissassemble your computer.

• DavidMBelgium

Hello

I'm not so good in opening a laptop up..

And my local PC shops ask 50-70€ for this,which is a lot imo..

So this isn't really a solution,i already thought of thermal paste but too expensive if i went to a PC shop.

Thanks for your message Smiley Happy

Greetings,

David

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

All,

sharky25k has solid advice that I would recommend reviewing. The thermal paste is a great place to start. Compressed or canned air to clean out air ducts and whereever else is accessible is another good idea. Ultimately, a bit of upkeep may be needed if you're experiencing issues after several years of use. 

We do not have a fan control application that is user adjustable as the device is designed to engage the fans appropriate as the temperatures dictate. In sharky's case, his CPU was able to run up to half a ghz quicker before the fans engaged fully and the system maintained 97c in his case. The temperatures you experience may vary slightly, and while 100c is high, it's not 'alarms going off' hot for a notebook with a dedicated GPU.

Cory

• DavidMBelgium

Hi,

So i changed the cooling paste (Antec Formala 6 Nano Diamond Compound) and cleaned the fan.

2days ago, when having FaceBook & Youtube open in Opera i was at 100°C (CPU).

That's just too much for just having the browser open.

And now i'm at 55-60°C,so a huge improvement!

Even with gaming, lets take NFS MW'12 as example.

before: 92°c GPU @ 25-30FPS

now: 72°c GPU @28-35FPS

Thanks for helping Smiley Happy

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Nice job David.

Glad to see the results and I appreciate you coming back and sharing. Hopefully this will help others pull the trigger with similiar issues.

Cory

• Unbendible
    Unbendible Member Posts: 2 New User

I changed my Pc's fan and it seems like the only solution for the problem. Now my pc's tempeture is around 65-75 C degree. But as i said before, please Acer make a bios that can control the thermal settings and stuff.

• facer
    facer Member Posts: 2 New User

Had the same problem with my V3-571G and found this program to controll the fan speed. I set the fan to 100% when gaming etc, works great: http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Fan-Control-Problems-With-5750G-And-similar-machines/m-p/252840#M41360

• DavidMBelgium

Hi Facer

Your answer is kinda late haha Smiley Happy

But yeah i installed that program when i changed cooling paste, works good for gaming.

One thing is for sure tho, the V3-571G is *** in terms of cooling. 

[word filter avoidance]

• facer
    facer Member Posts: 2 New User

Yeah it's kinda late but I just found the speed control program today. Been looking for years.

It's really messed up that Acer released a fan control program that works with the V3 then intentionally makes it not run on the V3.

Oh well, back to Asus laptops for me.

• DavidMBelgium

For me, no more laptops except a Chromebook or cheap Windows laptop. (Less than 300€).

Since April i did build a gaming pc and i will never buy a midrange laptop again.  

I had 1 Asus laptop and that was a big dissapointment.   But my Asus tablet never had problems. Neither Asus Motherboard (Socket 1155).

Mixed experiences with Asus.

Acer is otherwise.   Phone/tablet were *** but laptop never had problems.

[inappropriate content removed]

• I suggest that you use a higher capacity fan at e.g. 1.0A instead of the OEM of 0.5A and use the  "Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut" paste which is made for extreme temperatures and heat, this will dissipate and assist the cooling of the CPU and GPU cooler more efficiently and you can also add a good gaming "Tablet Laptop Cooer" that you sit your laptop on, which will cool your laptop even more! I've done that to my V3-571G and it works perfectly without any heat during normal or gaming operations.