Acer Aspire ES1-331 - Acer Bluelight Shield doesnt work

XM9000
XM9000 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello, im user of Acer Aspire ES1-331. I have been using it from February 2016 with Windows 8.1

For a long time Acer Quick Access and Acer Bluelight Shield were working properly but some days ago something happened and: option of sharing WiFi disappeared (it was under "Rozruch do pulpitu") from AQA and it became impossible to turn on ABS. Earlier when i turned it on or off it happened immediately. Now some dots are going around for a few seconds and i get that:

http://imgur.com/a/Epfjt

It means : "You cant control that device" . the same happens when i change intensity of ABS - nothing changes however it can write that it changed. On the screen "high" level is turned on but you see that it is a lie. I am using it on Admin accoutn of course.

I reinstalled Acer Quick Access but nothing changed and i cant use Acer Bluelight Shield. 
Rest of options of Acer Quick Acces works (Wifi and Bluetooth).

Thanks for reading!

Best Answer

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Answer ✓

Not sure why this happened but you can try rolling the system back to a previously working configuration. Try the steps to roll it back at http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37096/~/windows-10%3A-restore-windows-from-a-restore-point. If Windows Updates ran prior to this happening something could have installed that caused this. Restoring it back like this should resolve the issue.

• XM9000

Thank you man for advice. I did Restoring yesterday evening. It took ~~30 minutes, laptop launched and i got an information that it was not fully completed because Avast protected something from restoring. Icons on the screen where on the other places and i have new folder with crazy name with a lot of numerals and letters on disk , but ABS works, option of sharing WiFi works and other problems disappaered.

I wouldnt install optional updates from Windows Update anymore.

May the God be with you!

Topic can be closed now.

• XM9000

Hello its again me and i have the same problem - AQA again doesnt work properly, form yesterday's morning although i didnt do anyting 2 days ago on my aspire es1-331.

Symptoms are the same - no option of Wifi Sharing, ABS doesnt work, impossible to turn on Acer Care Center (it rounds and rounds), and it is written that Processor and RAM are unavailable in "System", all the same as earlier.

But that time its even worse because i cant do recovery. I was installing last windows updates 12 august but only important and everything was good for 16 days. I also installed and updated some programs 22 august so i can choose these 2 recovery days - 12 and 22 august, but when i try to od recovery i get this 

http://imgur.com/a/myyVW

It means that there is a temporary bug with that name and i should try another time or choose another time for recovery,

I really didnt do nothing 2 days ago only surfinf net and playing 2 games on steam. Yesterday morning i turn on and  again all the same...

What should i do now?