Re: Renewal of McAfee Total Protection subscription

Options
haristone
haristone Member Posts: 5 New User

After unsuccessful attempts to renew my Internet Security subscription, I contacted McAfee Tech support, they remote controlled my Acer Aspire3830T laptop and had a go, but also failed;

finally I was told there's a problem with my Internet Explorer 11 and since it came preinstalled with Windows 10, I can't find a way to uninstall, reinstall, fix it, or even find out what the problem is!!? 

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated  Smiley Happy

sinc

Harry

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

You might just want to look at other protection options, the 'problem' with IE 11 is likely a support person getting tired of working for a solution rather than a real issue.

I've been quite pleased with the built-in Microsoft Defender anti-virus and the big update coming next Tuesday seems to make it even more useful.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • haristone
    haristone Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

yeah, that's what I was actually thinking too.....Im haven't had any problems yet with the built in defense, thank you for the assurance; I was just wondering why the sudden problem, was'nt an issue in previous years

regards

H