My acer aspire one d255e black screen

RUBANRUBAN Member Posts: 3

My acer aspire one d255e is not showing any display since today morning .i can heard the Windows log in sound but I can't see.how can I fix it ?

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 21,823 Trailblazer

>>>i can heard the Windows log in sound >>>

This is actually a good sign. Try to toggle the screen on and off with the Fn+F5 or Fn+F6 toggle key combos. If this doesn't work, try to HDMI or VGA out to a TV set or external monitor with the same toggle key combos. Report back.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ
  • RUBANRUBAN Member Posts: 3

Thanks for the reply.As you say I have try the combo key that is fn+f5 and fn+f6.Its doesn't make any changers to my laptop.My home doesn't have Any monitor as extra and my laptop doesn't support hdmi and I did not have the vga cable in my home.So,pls help me fix my laptop.

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 21,823 Trailblazer

Without testing on an external monitor, I can only guess that the video adapter is OK. Accordingly, I can also only guess that the video/cam ribbon cable from the mainboard connector to the screen connector has developed a break in a conductor trace. This usually occurs in the hinge area from frequently opening & closing the lid. Replacement cables are usually less than $10 but you must remove the screen and hinge bezel and keyboard in order to access the cable. The part number is DC020012Y50 and available on ebay or amazon. Google the keywords "d255e" "disassembly" "youtube", for instruction on how to access this ribbon cable.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ