How do you delete the 9gb back up partition on a 32gb drive

Options
Markharrison11
Markharrison11 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi folks, I have a V 11 Touch with  32GB eMMC, not much to start with but almost 9GB is taken up by the Acer back up partition. I have tried to delete the partition in the manager, right click, but just get a "help" opption, nothing else. How do you get rid of this anoying waste of memory?

Cheers peeps

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Did you try to use EaseUS partition master free?

http://www.easeus.com/partition-manager/epm-free.html

But be careful what you delete, because literally you can have a high chance to brick the system. I recommend to do a full image of the disk with some software (Eg: Reflect from Macrium) in case that something goes wrong.

Here is the link for reflect

http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

Both softwares have free version which work well.

• Markharrison11
    Options

Thanks for the links. The partition was sorted but the reboot did not go well Smiley Sad  I made a copy of the drive but it will not work so tried a fresh install via USB but says  correct drivers missing. I can see the C:drive and the programs downloads photos etc when I get to this part of the install. Any ideas on who I install the correct drivers? If it dosen't work I'll try Linux!  

• Markharrison11
    Options

Well that was a bit of a pain! the advice was good. MAKE A BACK UP. I eventialy just went for a full cleen install of a new windows 10. So first deleated the partition. Installed LINUX for a play but could not get the touch pad to work (you need to change the boot setting get LINUX to download) eventualy went for a clean install. Interestingly the install from the Microsoft page would not work, had to use a Tec companies disk. The touch pad took some time to find the correct drivers but now working well on windows 10 with memory to spare! All good.

Thanks for the help people.