Hi, I Have an Acer Aspire Acer 5517, Had to Replace HD, Got Error Message 0X000007B Installing XP

fred_57
fred_57 Member Posts: 2 New User

I wasted a lot of ink on this problem, by printing out a lot of information on it. But I found out that this is an easy fix. So I guess the wasted ink was not wasted after all, on one of these printouts was the solution.

In the bio settings there is an option to change the default SATA Mode of the Boot Drive. The default is [AHCI] Mode Advanced Host Controller Interface.

This needs to be set to [IDE] Mode using F5 key to change it over. As soon as I did this operation it let Windows Install and Format the drive with the correct size of the drive partition. (After setting the mode, do not forget to Save and Exit)

I'm going to add this just because (ACER was no help on this problem and does not even have the driver's for my Acer Model on there web site) NOT GOOD ACER

I hope this helps a lot of people that have had this problem.

Later Fred

Answers

• fred_57
    fred_57 Member Posts: 2 New User

I just wanted to let everyone know that, to get your Acer Drivers that came with your laptop,desktop,notebook etc. you will need to click on Drivers and Manuals Downloads under the Support Menu left hand side of the page.

If you just do the complete search on their site it may not find your model, at least this was my case. So I did find my drivers from Acer on their site for my Laptop listed above after doing so.

Later Fred