Aspire V 15 Nitro VN7-571G-719D Wifi Connection Issues

plumblossoms
plumblossoms Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi all,

I've been having wifi connectivity issues with my laptop. Recently upon startup, the wireless connection will drop completely after only a few minutes of online use. When it drops, the wireless network goes down for all devices in the house, not just the laptop. I can still connect to the Internet through using an Ethernet cable, and I can see other wifi networks in range, but the wireless network in my home disappears completely so no devices can even pick it up. After hard resetting the router, the wireless connection returns, but promptly crashes again as long as this computer is on.

At first I thought it was a problem with the router/modem, but when the issue persisted after having the router/modem itself replaced, I'm firmly convinced that it's my laptop that's causing it. I've tried to update my wireless driver through both Device Manager and by manual installation, but the device version number still remains at 4.0.1.137 for some reason.

I looked around in these forums and saw that other people with laptops in this series were also having trouble with the wifi connection, and I took the suggestion in one post of changing the wireless mode from 12-11 a/b/g/n/ac to 10-11 a/n/ac. I'm currrently connected using the wifi and it hasn't dropped yet. However, I am sitting fairly close to the router so I'm not 100% certain that this is the solution, as my room is fairly far from where the router is.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers