Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer TC-705 Frequent Freezing

stad213stad213 Posts: 4Member

I have had my acer for over a month and I have noticed the computer has 2 glitches and I wonder how I should proceed.

The most common thing is the wireless adaptor seems to freeze or stop working every so often. Like internet will stop. If I disconnect from my server and reconnect, everything is fine.

Sometimes however the entire computer will freeze and rebooting seems to be the only way to recover (although can be very frustrating).

I do love this computer, and I do not know if just updating the Bios will fix it? (Says all drivers updated)

Thanks

Answers

• philetusphiletus Posts: 4,400ACE Pioneer

If there is a bios update that you haven't done, it may be the solution.

• stad213stad213 Posts: 4Member

Turns out the bios update is only for linix.

Bios is up to date, however I think its the onboard wifi adaptor that must be causing the freeze. I updated the wifi drivers but problem still persists.

Did you upgrade it to Windows 10?

Yes, it came with windows 10 and has been updated constantly...

Go to Device Manager/ network adapters/ double click on the adapter and choose Power Management.

Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device.

wow, ok, so I'll try it out and see how far it goes. Thanks!