Aspire E1-571G disconnects from wifi

BroodingBrooding Member Posts: 2

My laptop constantly disconnects from wifi at home. Other devices at home work fine. The laptop does not disconnect when I take it to another location once a week.  I have tried turning off the power saving option under the device manager but that does not help. The adapter is a Gigabit Ethernet Broadcom Network. According to Windows, it is up to date. 

This is my first Acer and it may well be my last. 

FAQ & Answers

• Acer-BlaynAcer-Blayn Administrator Posts: 2,352 Community Administrator

If it doesn't disconnect from other locations, it may be a conflict between the router and the computer or something with the environment the computer is in. Have you updated the wireless LAN driver for the product? What operating system are you running? You may try the suggestions on http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32747 to see if they help, especially resetting the modem/router.

• BroodingBrooding Member Posts: 2

I am using Windows 8.1. The driver is up to date. I have tried resetting the router but it doesnt work. Thanks for your help. 

• Acer-BlaynAcer-Blayn Administrator Posts: 2,352 Community Administrator

If you try on another network or public hotspot, do you still experience disconnects? Have you always had this problem, or did it just start? Have you tried refreshing Windows to see if that may help?