i have forgot my password for admin

salah10804
salah10804 Member Posts: 3 New User

i have frogot my passwrd for admin login and have tried to reset it by booting up with dvd but it does not boot with dvd and i couldnt reset the password.please any tips i do not want to lose my files.

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

PC model?

which windows OS version is installed?

local account or microsoft account?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • salah10804
    salah10804 Member Posts: 3 New User

it is an acer aspire all in one touch aspire z3-615 and its windows 8.1 its a local accouny

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

try option 1:

http://superuser.com/questions/952206/reset-windows-8-1-administrator-password

to boot from DVD, enter BIOS pressing Del at boot, once in BIOS, enable F12 boot menu, then press F10 to save and exit.

when it reboots press F12 at boot and select DVD as bootable device.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • cyrusp808
    cyrusp808 Member Posts: 1 New User

i have a acer laptop and this problem has been going on, ever since i got this computer its always been blocked by admin. ive tried alot of things to reset or fix this but with no succses. how do i fix this?

(acer chromebook 11) *no disk*

• Snuffy
    Snuffy Member Posts: 150 Fixer WiFi Icon
    insert any bootable media, when boot - move thru and to commanp prompt at command prompt type netplwiz.exe then follow the instructions to change/remove or edit the password.
  • Leslie9103
    Leslie9103 Member Posts: 1 New User

I forgot my password to get in I am able to turn on the computer but when I get to the password I have try the ones that I know and it says incorrect password I try using an usb to reset it sends me to the password reset wizard I hit next and it shows me the password key disk and it says removable disk I click on next and it says this disk is not a password reset disk I don't know what to do I didn't back up the computer when I got it is new and I forgot to do it please help me