I have laptop E1-572 and my dvd burner will not burn dvds anymore

kenz101
kenz101 Member Posts: 42 Devotee WiFi Icon

I have recently had to buy a new hard disk and had to format and reinstall everything and manually do the drivers for display etc. but did not do anything with disk drive as the driver is already there v1.10 and no problems. i have tried different burning software and still it will not burn DVDs it will burn cds so the burner works can anyone help with this issue?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.      :) 

Best Answer

• kenz101
    Answer ✓

Problem resolved

The dvd writer is fine. a couple of dvd discs were bad and were unwritable. got a new batch from tesco and wala it works fine and burns fine!

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.      :) 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Will it read DVD's? It could be the brand of DVD's you are using. 

It might be as simple as updating the firmware for the drive. Type msinfo32 in windows search and got o Components/CD-ROM. Google the drive and look for firmware upgrades. The best source is the drive manufacturer's website.

A typical DVD drive has a CD laser diode and a DVD laser diode. It could be that the latter is malfunctioning. If you can read CD's, but not DVD's, the DVD laser is probably malfunctioning.

• kenz101

Hi and thanks for the reply..... I have put a few dvds in and yes it will play dvds now you say about the different media i dont beleive this is the case either as i have always used the same tesco dvd-r it has always let me burn the dvd before i had replaced the hard disk. i have looked online for the firmware of the dvd drive which is mat**bleep**a dvd ram UJ8D2Q the latest version i can find is 1.10v which i already have installed? Anyone know where i can get this firmware from to possibly reinstall as it might have got corrupt maybe?

• kenz101

Mats h i t a dvd ram stupid acer site lol

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Your's is probbly shot. Ebay has a lot of UJ8D2Q for sale. I don't know where you're located so, 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=UJ8D2Q&_sacat=0

• kenz101
    Answer ✓

Problem resolved

The dvd writer is fine. a couple of dvd discs were bad and were unwritable. got a new batch from tesco and wala it works fine and burns fine!