Aspire x3990 intel quick sync

Options
BlunderingFool
BlunderingFool Member Posts: 4 New User

Hope there's someone tech savy enough out there to help.

Basic problem is that the onboard (iGPU) graphics adapter is for some reason disabled when my graphics card is installed, preventing me from using intel quick sync for video encoding. This is a bit of an issue since the on board hd2000 graphics are not just underwhelming but a joke at this point. (If not when they were released.)

Are there any alternative drivers or firmware to unlock my mobo so I can run the iGPU and my graphics card in parralel? I don't even need to run a monitor from it, just need it unlocked to enable quick sync.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

have you checked on BIOS if you can enable or disable the integrated GPU?

the automatic switching from integrated to add-on GPU is normal on this kind of BIOS.

have you checked if your system has already the latest BIOS? P01.B2

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/BIOS/BIOS/BIOS_Acer_P01.B2_A_A.zip?acerid=634532355777458822&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20X3990&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

if you already have the latest and option is still not available, i think only a modded BIOS can probably handle this but we can't talk about it here, there are other speicalized community. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • BlunderingFool
    BlunderingFool Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

The Bios should be stock, so no it's not been updated. I've not actually re-flashed a mobo before. Anything I should keep in mind before trying this?

Also I did read that one issue is to do with the iGPU using the same pci-lane as the graphics card. Which would suck if it were the issue.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

there's a little readme inside the package, use the win tool and be sure your power supply is stable and don't do anything else during BIOS flashing.

yes, they share the same PCI line.

I'm not an Acer employee.