Acer Aspire E5-571-35LV Will not load BIOS

cpergantis
cpergantis Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

The notebook belongs to a friend. He has had it for less than 4 years. I have tried everything possible. Looking at dead devices etc. The fan, the cmos battery are all in working order. It is not the screen because i connected it to an HDMI monitor and it still will not go thru the boot sequence. I looked for a BIOS update and found references for a different acer model. It could be a damaged motherboard or a component on board the MB. Just asking have I missed something here?

Answers

• benton582
    benton582 Member Posts: 213 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Probably a corrupted BIOS/broken motherboard, if the power is on and shows options, place them here now. If not, you NEED to contact Acer Support, modification of BIOS unoffically/voiding warranty parts like the motherboard will cause you to lose your warranty COMPLETELY. Regardless, Acer support is your best option if it is in warranty. 

• cpergantis
    cpergantis Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Not sure if any warranty goes beyond 3 years. Would not be a bad thing to contact them and ask. Thought I had check everything already. If it is out of warranty, my friend will not pay for it. It typically would cost more than the notebook is currently worth. Just pull the HD and put it into an external drive device so he can get to the data/documents.  Thanks for your input.