acer aspire switch 10 sw5-012 black screen of death after usb update!

frankcipfrankcip Member Posts: 2

Excuse bad english!

This morning my switch had a windows 10 update and after that the sound driver didn't work.

After hours of trying to fix this problem I had enough of windows 10 and decided to revert back to the default windows 7. I followed the instructions of the restore setup, waited around 20 minutes for it to restore and showed 100% restore. IMMEDIATLY after the windows restore, it went by itself to update the bios! It was courious because I did not remember installing anny bios update (bios update must have ben pre installed this morning durind that **bleep** windows 10 update/drive update). The second bios update reached 100% the screen went black! I mean like super black ... like no power black!

Thing is that if I tap the windows logo on the middle of buttom the screen switch responds with a vibration just like back when things where working fine! BUT THE SCREEN IS OFF!

I tried resering but still no screan image, not even in bios! Also tried holding power for 30 secs to turn it off and then power with volume+ for 30 secs but still no image! I know it turns off when holding the power button because windows logo button does not respond/vibrate, and when its on it does!

How can I reset bios to factory settings without seeing so that my switch 10 gets power in it's screen!???

This is SOOOO **bleep** ANNOYNG! **bleep** WIN 10 AND DRIVER UPDATE!!!

Also want to say that if I connect the charger the little amber light remains on, after removing charger the amber light is off!

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly ACE Posts: 18,410 Trailblazer

connect the charger and let it charge for about 2 hours, then with charger connected long press power button + Volume Up

by the way the defaul windows version is 8.1 not 7

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • kriesenkriesen Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

yesterday i got nearly the same issue as mentioned above:
    completely black screen but working windows soft key that vibrates everytime i push it...
    i already tried long-pushing "power + volume up" up to one and a half minutes but it didnt work..