Where are the drivers and docs for Acer Aspire ATC-710-UR52 tower?

DonPhillipe
DonPhillipe Member Posts: 13 New User

Acer Aspirt ATC-710-UR52

First of all, why is there no documentation or drivers for this tower?

(Your search engine or support site doesn't even know this is a model you sell.)

Next, why don't you show any photos of the back of the unit?

Next, why the cryptic feature list, why not list them all and the full tech specs?

Next, are there any Windows 7 drivers for this unit?

Next, I have other recently-purchased Acer products, I had to go to Lenovo and HP and they supply Windows 7 drivers for the same exact hardware they place in their devices - WHY can't YOU?????

Windows 10 is not secure for a business environment.   Please restore the availability of Windows 7 drivers for your new devices.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

ATC-710 means Aspire TC-710:

France
  • DonPhillipe

Does this mean that the Windows 7 drivers are really not available or that Acer will not provide them (likely as an agreement from MS to force the new Windows 10 spybot)?   

The reason I ask is I just bought a new Acer laptop F5-571 that stated "no Windows 7 drivers are available" but what I did was take the name of the motherboard Acer uses, and Googled it and I found other manufactures than Acer sell models with the exact same motherboard, so all I did was download their Windows 7 drivers and it works perfectly.    So "no drivers available" doesn't always mean "no drivers".  

So for Windows 7 are there "no drivers" or "no drivers available"?

Thanks!

• DonPhillipe

Also do you know anything about the BIOS of Acer and if they are implementing a block to Linux on all their hardware or just specific models?    I know with the Acer model F5-571 I just purchased, no Linux based OS can be booted, even in Legacy BIOS mode, from CD/USB stick or partition from the hard drive.    I have read further that some people are going to a previous level of Bios which will support Linux, that Acer has no plans to support Linux.

I use a number of Linux boot CDs and was disappointed to learn that in particular with the Acer F5-571, that no currently availble software that requies a boot of a Linux OS stem works either.    This includes software that you must "schedule a request" for, things that must alter the hard drive such as Acronis True Image backup/restore and EaseUS partition tools.   Those Linux stubs fail and in all instances I have found, leave you with a failed hard drive because the Windows based did not complete due to the failure of the reboot to the Linux stub.