Bluetooth no longer working on my VN7-591G

Options
Kanan
Kanan Member Posts: 4 New User

I've had this laptop for a handful of months and it was working perfectly fine until today.  Today my bluetooth functions just completely stopped working and I can't even find any bluetooth options in any settings menu anymore like I used to.  So I followed some instructions I found at a different site and it said to uninstall all bluetooth related stuff under device manager.  I did this, then I reinstalled some Bluetooth drivers from the official site but it doesn't seem to do anything at all.  What else can I do?

*Edit*

I found my solution from another site and this one worked for me when others did not.  Here it is in case anyone needs it.

I would also suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to troubleshoot the device:

a. Press Windows key to launch the Start screen.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

c. In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

d. In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Are you running Win 10, did you uograde to Win 10?

• Kanan
    Options

Oh yes, forgot to mention that.  Windows 10 64 bit.

• philetus
    Options

Have you gone to Settings/PC and Devices to see if Bluetooth is there? If it's not,

Go to Control Center/Programs and Features and uninstall any Bluetooth, reboot, install this driver and reboot.

BluetoothAtherosBluetooth Driver8.0.1.322266.4 MB2014/11/26Download
  • Kanan
    Options

It still isn't showing up or working.

*Edit*

I found a solution from another site.  Going to update my first post here to include it for anyone that may need it.

• philetus
    Options

I'm glad you got it fixed.