Current monitor drivers will not install in Windows 10

Options
jhansman
jhansman Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

In an attempt to install a dedicated driver for my new R240HY display for Windows 10 (as opposed to the generic PnP driver the installs), the only one I could download was listed for Windows 8.1. Fine, I figured; it'll probably work. Wrong! The INF file for the driver was rejected by Win10 with the message "The third party INF does not contain digital signature information." I should think that by now (How long has Win10 been out? How many users have upgraded?) Acer would have been on top of this with updated drivers. I bought this monitor as an upgrade from my four year old Samsung TN display, which BTW, Win10 had drivers for. This, and what I've read in other posts here, tells me Acer is behind the curve and needs to get their act together. Lovely display, BTW, but I suspect It might well look even better with dedicated, up to date drivers. C'mon Acer, get with the program.

Answers

• Gremlich
    Gremlich Member Posts: 7 New User
    Options

I had the same problem. This is the solution to temporarily disable the digital signature verification check.

At first, this solution did NOT work because when i got to the point where I could select an option by selecting 7 or F7 on my keyboard, my keyboard, I found, had been disabled. After mucking around with some other solutions, I thought, "my num lock" is on, so, I went into my BIOS and set the "num lock" to "off". Exit and reboot after this.

Then I tried the solution and lo! it worked and I was able to install the drivers for my G257HU monitor.

so, here it is again, just to make sure:

1. Click the Start Start menu and select Settings.
    2. Click Update and Security.
    3. Click on Recovery.
    4. Click Restart now under Advanced Startup.
    5. Click Troubleshoot.
    6. Click Advanced options.
    7. Click Startup Settings.
    8. Click on Restart.
    9. On the Startup Settings screen press 7 or F7 to disable driver signature enforcement.

Your computer will restart and you will be able to install non-digitally signed drivers. If you restart your computer again the driver signature enforcement will be re-enabled.

• jhansman
    jhansman Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

Thanks, Your solution worked like a charm. I can't say that the display looks all that much different with the dedicated driver, but I've never been comfortable with the generic pnp drivers that Windows install.s