XB271HU Lower bezel protrudes and interferes with triple monitor setup

Rangoon
Rangoon Member Posts: 6 New User

This seems like a significant design oversight. The lower bezel protrudes, so you can't position two XB281HUs next to each other flush. Isn't the idea with the "zero frame" design that these are intended for use in triple screen setups? So why design the lower bezel to so clearly interfere with that? It almost seems like the lower bezel could be removed, as it's just an extra piece attached. However it houses all of the OSD buttons, so obviously that's not a solution. 

I have three of these at home presently, as I try to find one or two from Amazon that aren't defective. So far they've all arrived with filthy screens (underneath the foam screen protector/bubble wrap), backlight bleed in various areas (not just IPS glow, which of course these have as well, but not overly), at least one dead pixel, and one with an oily splotch on the screen and a very yellow tint in the colors. These are all October builds. So, as I have these three set up deciding if any of them are tolerable keepers yet, it's blatantly problematic trying to make use of the "zero frame" bezel by setting up 3-screen surround. What's the logic with this design?

Answers

• Rangoon
    Rangoon Member Posts: 6 New User

Does anyone know of a way to remove that bezel without breaking the display? I mean even if it left some uncovered buttons, it would be better removed and looking a little unsightly than in the way of its neighbor. What's in that bezel? Electronics? Or is it just a plastic housing for the logo, the buttons and the LED? Are the buttons just buttons or do they house the actual contacts for the OSD functions? I'm envisioning the possibility that beneath those buttons are the actual buttons which activate the contacts, just undressed.

• Ogleberry
    Ogleberry Member Posts: 1 New User

I have just purchased 3 of these monitors for a triple monitor setup and have the same question - how do you safely remove the lower bezel so that the monitors can neatly butt up against each other? Hoping someone from Acer can help us here! 

From a 'gaming monitor' design perspective, this is a major design flaw/oversight. Really need this problem fixed as this is a huge $$ investment which does not work out of the box. Acer please help us...please!