Acer Aspire E5-573G wireless network adapter not working

genmarch
genmarch Member Posts: 1 New User
edited August 2023 in 2018 Archives

So I have been having this problem now for about a week and a half. I got my Acer Aspire off of Amazon only about 2 weeks ago. However I am having tons of problem with the internet.

At first I assumed it was my router, but now i am not so sure. 

Every time I connect to my wireless connection it tells me the connection has failed and puts a red x over my wifi signal and says that no wireless networks are available. Well I know that is not true because there are wireless networks all around me. Sometimes when I uninstall the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 wireless network adapter and restart my computer it works again, but often times even that does not work. The moments it does work are great and I can use my laptop just fine, but then within a few hours it always tells me there are not networks to connect to. 

I have updated the drivers and have done everything I can think of. Is this a problem with the latptop or my router? And any suggestions? 

Answers

• Martintsalter
    Martintsalter Member Posts: 1 New User

I have  a similar Wi-Fi problem on the Windows 10 version of E5 573 Aspire.  Using the internal Wi-Fi adaptor Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter the pc will, shortly after boot up and logging onto Window will crash to a Windows 10 style Blue Screen with the error code 0x000001d8 but despite the message to go to the web to look for details I can find nothing referencing this error. 

The PC is fine, with no failures, on Ethernet. I have also added a Wi-Fi Dongle (Edimax Wi-Fi USB) and that works fine, but uses up an often needed USB port. Comparing all settings for the internal and this dongle Wi-Fi adaptor suggests that both are set up identically with of course different drivers. I have deleted the internal adaptor and re-installed so everything is fresh and hopefully up to date but to no avail. Any suggestions … is it a driver, installation or hardware problem? It also seems that on the rare occasions that the internal adaptor does work that it often fails to find a DNS server, yet settings are identical to the Dongle version.

So a temporary fix is  WiFi USB Dongle ... it wouldd seem to be a serious driver problem with the inbuilt WiFi adaptor.

• chrisoconnor001
    chrisoconnor001 Member Posts: 4 New User

Having the exact same problem as the people above. 

This Microsoft link shows that other E-15 users are having issues with this adapter. Furthermore, a visit to the Acer site shows three possible driver options for this computer, none of which match the model number.

Can Acer provide a suitable driver? Until then, I have to use a USB wifi adapter to get my PC to work.

• Wireless LAN Atheros Wireless LAN Driver (NFA435) 12.0.0.116 69.1 MB 2015/11/24 Download
    is working for me on -52g3.
    Download page is confusing with multiple drivers. Once you find a stable one for your variant hardware just stick to it.
  • chrisoconnor001

Part of the problem, I believe, is that Windows 10 updates automatically update any drivers it feels needs to be updated. So even though I luckily picked a functional driver two or three months ago, Win 10 Update blew it away.

Furthermore, I tried the driver linked to above, and it causes me the same errors as before: a BSOD within minutes of enabling the wifi adapter.

• I checked my device manager & the working driver is showing as 10.0.0.62.

1. If your wireless adapter is same as below uninstall your current driver (even if it is latest than link below
    2. Download Bluetooth Atheros Bluetooth Driver (NFA435) 10.0.0.62 73.3 MB 2015/07/27 Download
    3. Click 'Setup' in extracted folder \\Bluetooth_Atheros_10.0.0.62_W10x64_A.zip\NFA435_Installer_r11022W.5_Win10_AcerCombo\Install_CD
    4. This should install the right driver.
    5. Reboot.
    6. If it still doesn't work, manually select below location to foce install Qcamain10x64.sys  \\Bluetooth_Atheros_10.0.0.62_W10x64_A.zip\NFA435_Installer_r11022W.5_Win10_AcerCombo\DriverOnly\wlan\x64

Hope this helps.

E5-573-52G3-QCA9377-Wireless network adapter driver.PNG

• chrisoconnor001

Thanks for your help, but I had no luck with that method, either.

I spent hours last week trying all the drivers on Acer's site, dealing with BSODs and other issues, and ended up with one that made Wifi AND Bluetooth work on QCA9377 (4.0.1.137). BUT, as of this morning, Windows Update killed the Bluetooth.

I can't tell you how obnoxious this issue is. Already voiced my opinion on Amazon & encourage others to do the same.

• RobertE527
    RobertE527 Member Posts: 1 New User

Having the same issue. I checked with Acer Tech and Verizon, my internet provider. Turns out my old Actiontec router does not support 802.11ac, the wireless standard for the Qualcomm Atheros NFA435 chipset, and uses WEP security protocol by default. Upgrading my router this week, to one that supports 802.11ac and WPA2, hoping this resolves the issue

• Fairuz_1337
    Fairuz_1337 Member Posts: 3 New User
     said:
    Wireless LAN Atheros Wireless LAN Driver (NFA435) 12.0.0.116 69.1 MB 2015/11/24 Download
    is working for me on -52g3.
    Download page is confusing with multiple drivers. Once you find a stable one for your variant hardware just stick to it.
    please update the driver sir, the link is die