wrong bios update

kevlam
kevlam Member Posts: 14 New User

I have an acer aspire xc-603 which had the newest bios update for my model p11-b2.  I acidently updated my bios to version p11-b4 which is intended for the aspire xc-603G.  How would I remedy this?  flash the bios again with the original p11-b2 version?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

if the flasher let you revert to a previous version, yes, try it.(not always the best thing to do, reverting to a previous BIOS version)

if not and your system is stable, i would leave it as it is.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

if the flasher let you revert to a previous version, yes, try it.(not always the best thing to do, reverting to a previous BIOS version)

if not and your system is stable, i would leave it as it is.

• kevlam

I seems to be running fine, i dont even know what the differences are between the two models of xc-603,,,will this wrong update cause future problems?

• IronFly

i think they differ on the graphic adapter only.

• RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

Not sure really what is different between the 2. Maybe one was going to be made for another country. At first I thought it might have to do with the j1800 being the AXC-603 and the G would have the j1900, and j2900 however you can find them in both the 603 and 603G so That isn't it. They all use the Intel HD Graphics, with HDMI and D-Sub so that isn't the different apart either..... They all have same USB with 1 being a 3.0. 

Started to wonder why so many computers, I mean I can understand why some in the line of say the 605 line, where they could have an i3, i5 i7 or a GXXXX. MORE options more lines..... However then to see a GXXXX line that cost as much as a i7 makes me wonder where I should buy?

Unless say the AXC-603G would be a Product special to say Best Buy or NEWEGG or some Huge Retailer that buys in the masses...... Then maybe it would be something to do with Software, seeing looking over the SPECS they are the same besides the CPU however all of the ones I have come accross are j1800, j1900 and j2900 with the j1900 being a 2.0 however is a Quad Core so still better then the j1800 of one of my AXC-603-UR15 with the j1800 that is a dual core but at 2.41   There is just a lot today to keep up with. I would own one of ever Acer I could fit into my place if I could afford it..... Not that I don't have enough now. Still a few I won't to own yet lol

James

• kevlam

Next pc i get im making sure all compnents can be upgraded as in cpu and gpu and ram.  Debating on either another acerwith these capabilities or building my own from scratch.  Im leaning more to scratch on account of once your waranteee is done with acer..you cant get any help whatsoever from the company.   They treat you like you are less than dirt..   The way most companies are is once your waratee is over , you cant send it in for free repair, but you are still able to get help online through chat or remote aistance.  So yeh, if i build my own then i know exactly what im getting and i can get support for each part of the pc if need be.  still un-decided. lol 

• kevlam

thx for all the help

• Atifsari
    Atifsari Member Posts: 2 New User

I updated my aspire z1-216g as in manual file included with the package  of bios update. I have my bios erased and I got a message when I start my pc says "no Bootable device" . How i can solve this issue?