Acer Aspire All-In-One Apire 5600U/upgraded to Windows 10/now can not detect my extra Acer monator

Options
susanr
susanr Member Posts: 2 New User

i have an Acer all in one aspire 5600U and I upgraded to windows 10 and now I can not detect my extra monitor. the HDMI out dose not show on Device Manager. I am not computer smart so your instructions must be very simple to understand. Please help.  

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Check Device Manager to verify the video card has been correctly identified. If it's showing something like Basic Graphics Display then you'll need to install the correct drivers for your video card.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • susanr
    susanr Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

hi billsey

thank you for your swift responce. i hope this is what you are refering to,  

i am in device manager and under display adapters ther is Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 / in properties driver date 7/10/2015---driver version 10.18.10.4252 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Does it have an exclamation mark or x over it? If you right click on the desktop, choose Display Settings, then Advanced display settings, then Display adapter properties does it also show the HD 4000?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Also if you have a keyboard, try entering Windows+P (press both keys at the same time). See if there is an option to Extend the display.