Touchpad drivers not worling on Windows 10!

Options
Skitoritto
Skitoritto Member Posts: 1 New User

Aspire ES1-512

Went to the "driver page" under Windows 10, found the touchpad driver downloaded and let it restart as it requested. And nothing, I still can't use my touchpad, altho the driver installer says it is working.

When I had Windows 8.1 (My laptop came with it) everything worked perfectly. 

Answers

• Danish
    Danish Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

You may follow the following steps in order to try get the issue resolved.

• If the touchpad is listed in Device manager (Synaptics/Elan):

• Access the ‘Device manager’, expand the option ‘Mice & other pointing’ devices.
    • Right click on the Touchpad and select ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the driver tab and select ‘RollBack’ driver.
    • Apply the changes.

• If the touchpad is listed as HID in Device manager:

• Access the ‘BIOS’, from the ‘Main tab’, setup the Touchpad option to BASIC (PS/2 device) from PRECISION (HID device). Save the changes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: While I am a contracted employee, my contributions to Acer Community are my own and not representative of

Acer or its views.

• Seattlerain
    Seattlerain Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi,

I followed device drivers and found the ELAN device.  I uninstalled the device and then scanned for HW changes.  It is now working.

• Danish
    Danish Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Thank you for following the suggestion....Good to know it was helpful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: While I am a contracted employee, my contributions to Acer Community are my own and not representative of
    Acer or its views.

If i was helpful, a KUDOS is appreciate and remember to mark "Accept as Solution", the post that solved your problem.

• ValerieFenske
    ValerieFenske Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello! This option no longer seems to apply (2015-08-06). I upgraded to Windows 10 about a week ago, and similarly found that my touchpad wasn't working with single finger scrolling as I am acustomed to using it. After researching online, I found similar advice as above mentioned above and performed the "Roll-Back to an earlier driver". While it would require me to restart my computer after the change (and I had to do this each day as over-night the auto-updates to Windows 10 would override my preferences causing me to have to repeat the process) at least it worked. Today I have discovered that the Roll-Back option is gray-ed out from the Device Manager-Mouse and Pointers-Elan option. I tried re-starting my computer, hoping it would revert, but no luck so far...

Any advice on how to re-acquire my earlier Elan preferences?

Thank you!