Typing delay

LynnE23
LynnE23 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer Aspire V11 touch.  I have given up trying to type emails as the delay is so long before my words

are on screen also having just signed up to this forum it took 4 attempts and I found the only way I could do it was to hit the keypad hard (a bit like going back to the old typewriter in the old days should anyone remember!!) has anyone else had this problem and can you advise what I can do? 

I have had this since last December but have barely used it as although I am not a technical person I have used computers for various things atg one point being a secretary so do have a basic knowledge and use for typing, but find this one really frustating.  Typing this is fine so why can I not do it at speed when in my emails replying?

Also when I hit the screen the keyboard comes up, I prefer to use keyboard how do I stop this please?

Thanks

[subject line edited for clarity]

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

In this case, check if your Filter Keys option is enabled and then, disable it (if it is enabled already). To do this, follow the steps below:
    1. Click the "Start" button -> Click "Control Panel" -> Click "Ease of Access" -> Click "Ease of Access Center" -> Click "Make the keyboard easier to use".
    2. If the checkbox besides "Turn on Filter Keys" is ticked, uncheck the option and see if that resolves your issue.

If the issue still persists, there is a probability that this is a hardware issue and you can contact your nearest Acer service center for further assistance. To do this, the following link can be helpful:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service

Hope this will help you.