I can't get my XB270HU past 85 HZ. I have a Radeon R9295X2

reanimator
reanimator Member Posts: 7 New User

I just finally setup my Acer Monitor the XB270HU and at max resolution and using the Radeon Graphics R(295X2 and an ASUS X99 board cranked to 4.2ghz. Does anyone have any ideas?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

try to install monitor drivers:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/5840;-;XB270HU

use windows 8 drivers on windows 8.x

or update your VGA drivers.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • reanimator

Okay I tried your recommendation but it won't update the driver. I get an error but was able to do it in windows 7 but made no difference. I now see an error that says there is a communication error in my cable but it's probably the 3 in 1 adaptor so I ordered a straight mini DP to DP to test again in a few days.

• reanimator

Got the new cable in and no longer get errors but only able to get max hz to 120 now in windows 7 but can't updat monitor drivers in win 8.1. Says no digital information in the driver. Must be doing something wrong

• reanimator

Update. Win 8.1 now has updated drivers but still only able to get to 120hz. Help please

• ssateneth
    ssateneth Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Use custom resolution utility (google it) to add 144hz. My PG278Q had the same problem with AMD 280X. Manually adding the resolution and restarting the graphcis driver (or computer) fixed it for me. It will likely fix it for your xb270hu, which I also have now.

Horizontal:
    Active: 2560
    Front Porch: 8
    Sync Width: 16
    Back Porch: 16

Vertical:
    Active: 1440
    Front Porch: 1
    Sync Width: 1
    Back Porch: 7

Pixel Clock: 542.58 MHz

• reanimator

Thanks, I will certainly give that a try

• reanimator

I used it an used the settings you had there and it worked but wish I didn't have to use that.

Thanks.

Atleast it is something better. So it's in the drivers that AMD has or the ACER monitor drivers that can't do it? I have also heard some say that they had to go through 3 or 4 different cables to get it to work at 144.

• ssateneth
    ssateneth Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

its a flaw of amd drivers. just have to deal with it. you add the resolution and refresh rate once, and shouldnt have to deal with that problem again until you format or use a different pc.

i dont use monitor driver because the acer one is unsigned and wont install on 64 bit. plus i heard it messes with colors bad, so i don't fix what isnt broken.

• reanimator

Agree they are not signed so I removed the requirment of needing them signed in windows 8.1 64bit and they installed and I was able to get to 120 hz. I thank you again for your assistance.

• Joep0783
    Joep0783 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey guys, I read this thread and was wondering if you guys could help me with a similar issue. I Have the xg270hu and am getting flickering at anything over 60hz. All the resolutions are available and I can set the monitor to 60,100,120 & 144hz. I tried two different monitors and multiple DP 1.2 cables, I'm running a 290x and Win 8.1. So my question is A) will those custom resolution settings posted above work for the XG as well as the XB like you guys did? B) If so, do you think that will solve the issue?

Thanks in advance.