how to fix window boot manager has been blocked by the current security policy on acerv5window 8.1

banak0990
banak0990 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi..

When do you xactly get this error message?

Are you trying  to boot your computer using a cd?

Are you trying to load another operating system?

Secure Boot is a feature designed to prevent malicious software and unauthorized media from loading during the boot process. This option is enabled by default, but can be turned off in UEFI / BIOS.

Select your Windows 8 device and use the following steps to change the Secure Boot setting:

1. Completely shut down the computer.
    2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS.
    3. Use the right arrow key to select Security.
    4. Use the down arrow key to highlight Set Supervisor Password and press Enter.
    5. Create a password and press Enter. Retype the password to confirm and press Enter again.
    6. Use the right arrow key to select Boot.
    7. Press the down arrow key to select Secure Boot and press Enter.
    8. With the arrow key, highlight Disabled and press Enter.
    9. Press the F10 key and select Yes to save the changes and exit the BIOS
    We suggest removing the supervisor password immediately after enabling Secure Boot. If you choose not to remove your supervisor password, make sure you write it down for future use.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi..

Secure Boot is a feature designed to prevent malicious software and unauthorized media from loading during the boot process. This option is enabled by default, but can be turned off in UEFI / BIOS.

Select your Windows 8 device and use the following steps to change the Secure Boot setting:

2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS.
    5. Create a password and press Enter. Retype the password to confirm and press Enter again.
    We suggest removing the supervisor password immediately after enabling Secure Boot. If you choose not to remove your supervisor password, make sure you write it down for future use.

• banak0991
    banak0991 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you

it solv my problem....

• Littlepedro
    Littlepedro Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi, i tried the fix but is not working for me, keep doping the same. Can any body help me
  • josefran2004
    josefran2004 Member Posts: 1 New User

Excellent AAAAAAA +++++++++++++. Work Perfect

• davidgparker
    davidgparker Member Posts: 2 New User

I fixed this issue when I realised I had set a passoword many months ago when I was in Windows 8.1

If you found that your BIOS is locked, use a password you've used for other 'important' things.

Cheers,

Dave

I have an Acer Aspire E1-571

I'm having the same problem - however when I press F2 it goes to a blue security box saying: Enter Current Password:

I don't have a password. It was set by the factory, I bought it new. How do I get around this.

The last hard drive is trapped - I can't fix it, even with Microsoft's chat help when they accessed my computer remotely.

I bought a new hard drive, and have the Windows 7 Professional DVD in the drive - but it can't access it under the current Security Settings - only to find it has a Password - thus my visit to this forum today.

Any help you can offer would be gratefully accepted.

• bloren2
    bloren2 Member Posts: 5 New User

What Occurs - Step by Step

1. Reinstalled OS from CD, purchased from ACER

2. Install complete, removed CD, system auto rebooted after the countdown.

3. When system restarted after auto reboot, I get "Windows Boot Manager has been blocked by the current security policy, Click OK

4. Get a message that states

"Default Boot Device Missing of Boot Failed. Insert Recovery Media and Hit any key. Then Select Boot Managere to choose a new Boot Device or to Boot Recovery Media"

5. Attempting the above takes me back to the initial "Windows Boot manager has been blocked..." message.

6. Power on + F2 and I am prompted for an Admin Password which I've never set.

Thanks

• btmundheim
    btmundheim Member Posts: 2 New User

Did you get any anwere to your problem. I have the same problem with my E1-571. Got new recovery CD from ACER but still cant get pass all this messages. 

• btmundheim
    btmundheim Member Posts: 2 New User

Did you get any anwere to your problem. I have the same problem with my E1-571. Got new recovery CD from ACER but still cant get pass all this messages. 

• Seby-boy
    Seby-boy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thancks man so moch you salve me thancks again
  • julienjones
    julienjones Member Posts: 1 New User

Worked perfectly for me ! Thx

• 31b0da3fe3
    31b0da3fe3 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Sharanji said:

Hi..

Thankss 😘
  • BEHNAMSH
    BEHNAMSH Member Posts: 1 New User
    How to fix windows boot manager has been blocked by the current security policy.on acer v3.571g window 10
This discussion has been closed.