Aspire V5-122P - Can I Install an Off-Brand Motherboard?

Options
sortapundit
sortapundit Member Posts: 3 New User

About a month ago my Acer Aspire V5-122P developed a problem that turned out to have come from the motherboard. I took it to my local Acer official service centre in Bangkok where they confirmed the problem and told me the motherboard would need to be replaced, which would take two weeks as they didn't have the part in stock (BTW: seriously, Acer? Your service centres have ONE job to do, and they just can't do it).

Four weeks went by without any news, so yesterday I called Acer. They told me they were STILL waiting for the part after almost a month of sitting around drinking coffee and playing with their phones, so I'd have to just be patient. I told them I'd be leaving Thailand in about a week, and couldn't afford to wait any longer. 

I've just had a called from the service centre to tell me that they can't get the part before next week. Obviously I'm less than impressed by the standard of service, and despite my love for the V5 when it works I'll be thinking twice before choosing the brand for my next laptop.

Here's my question:

Is any other motherboard compatible with the V5-122P? I'm not sure if the board varies on different versions of the 122P, but mine was touchscreen version with 6BG RAM and an AMD A6-1450 processor.

I know next to nothing about motherboards but I understand they're not usually all that interchangeable between models, but if it's at all possible to find a replacement that might be available here in Thailand I'd love to hear about it. I've searched high and low, but it seems as if the board designed for this model just isn't available here, and after Acer wasted four weeks I no longer have the time to wait for one to be delivered from overseas.

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

I see this as the Part number(NB.M8W11.003) for the mainboard with this model number,. the same is available online in various websites,. but culd you also please mention the entire product model & the Country of purchase for more information that could be provided if available.