Unresponsive Touchpad

Hyde233
Hyde233 Member Posts: 1 New User

I bought an Acer Aspire E 15 (E5-571-7776) off of Amazon about a month ago, stated as in a new condition, uses Windows 8. Laptop, battery, power cords, instructions, nothing else that came with it that I remember of. After using it for some time, I soon noticed that the touchpad randomly becomes unresponsive for a brief moment. I try to move the mouse/click, but it doesn't respond, I move my hand away from the trackpad for a second, try again, and then it finally starts working. It's extremely annoying, and it has gotten in the way serveral times. There have been multiple times where I have been too late to click on something due to the mouse being unresponsive. I tried installing Synaptics drivers, but not suprisingly (To me), it didn't work. I've looked up this problem and have seen that people have had similar problems. The only answer other than installing drivers is to change the installation mode to UEFI. I have absolutely no idea what they're talking about. From the little information I am able to make out of the confusion, I'm guessing you're supposed to change the installation mode to UEFI while installing Windows 8. For one thing, I don't remember seeing anything relevant to that when setting up my computer, and I certainly cannot reinstall Windows 8 either. I don't have a Windows 8 installation disk, or if I did have the disk, I couldn't even install it anyway, seeing as how this laptop doesn't even have a disk drive, nor do I have an external disk drive either. Other people have also suggested to use Rufus, but give very little instructions on it. I don't get it, I installed it, it doesn't do anything, all of the drop down bars are blank, I can't do anything with it. Does anybody here, please, have an alternative solution? This problem is the very reason why I even bothered to make an account on this website.

Also, not only is the mouse unresponsive, occasionally, I hear something in the laptop randomly stop, and then start running again. Whenever this happens, all activity on the laptop temporarily freezes until the hardware starts running again. It's not as much of a major problem as the touchpad being unresponsive, but still, does anybody have a fix for this as well?

Edit: Specs, just in case anybody would like to know: http://pastebin.com/qcfKdJgW

Answers