Acer V7-581P brightness will not change. Stuck on lowest setting and cannot see anything.

Options
jmstill911
jmstill911 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Aspire V7-581P which is about 1 years old and the display is stuck on its lowest brightness. I can see the text if I put a flash light up to the screen. It has an error that says that the computer needs to be recovered and the recovery installation CD is needed. I have ordered the recovery USB thumb drive and expect it this week, but I do not know if this is the cause of the screen brightness and if so how can I fix it once the recovery is complete. I have tried using an HDMI monitor, but nothing is displayed even after changing the displays using the <Fn> + <F5> keys. I have already tried to reset the battery by holding down the battery reset button for 4 seconds with a paper clip. I also tried to reset the computer by holding the power button for 30 seconds. Please help.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Maybe the recovery will resolve the problem and it's possible the back light went out in your display. Being able to see what's on the monitor with a flashlight is a pretty good indicator of a dead backlight.