Aspire V3-571G with really noisy fan

Abinitio
Abinitio Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello! 

The fan of my computer has started to make a lot of noise as of yesterday. It's alright the first 5 minutes after start-up but then it goes crazy as long as the fan is running fast. The core temperature is around 47 C on both cores so it's not even that hot and I recently open it up to check if it was dust covering the fan but it was fine (I blew away as much dust as I could but there was really nothing on it). 

Here's a video of how the noise sounds (sorry for the vertical video...):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrjLPsg11dA

In the end of the video you can hear the sound at the fan intake

Computer specifications

Acer Aspire v3-571G

Intel Core i5-3230M 2.6GHZ

Windows 8

Bios v. 2.21

Bought August 2013

What should I do? Replace the fan? Is it dangerous to run the computer when the fan is making this noise?

My computer has become pretty slow latetly and therefore the fan is running fast more often, maybe it helps to make a factory reset?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

>>>Bought August 2013>>>

Exactly what date? If on or after August 19, 2013, click the support button at the top of this page right now for chat or phone warranty service.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Abinitio

Theanks for the answer JackE. I paid for the computer August 16 2013 but didn't recieve it until the 21 august, but when I enter my SNID or Serial number to validate my warranty is says that the number isn't valid so I guess the warranty has expired...

• JackE

>>>My computer has become pretty slow latetly and therefore the fan is running fast more often, maybe it helps to make a factory reset?>>>

Before doing anything, what do you mean by 'become pretty slow'? Relative to what?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Abinitio

It has become slow by the means of that is is not as fast as when it was new, start up and shut down takes longer, sometimes it has problem running several big applications at the same time and most of all the fan is running fast a lot more often than before (and there's where the noise comes in).

• Abinitio

I guess there's nothing else to do than to replace the fan, am I right? The fan didn't stop making noise after cleaning - and there was really nothing to clean -, core temperature is stable and cpu is not running abnormaly high. 

• JackE

>>>I guess there's nothing else to do than to replace the fan, am I right? >>>

If it were mine, I'd tackle the 'slow' part first with one of your own suggestions. A Win8 factory restore while saving your data. It might yield a perception of increased speed but no guarantees. It might even resolve the noisy fan issue too. But again no guarantees. Try the factory restore first and report back with results.

Thanks

Jack E/NJ     

Jack E/NJ

• Kanishka
    Kanishka Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Same Noise come for me too..

what did you do for that

• Abinitio

Hi I haven't fixed the problem yet. As suggested I should do I factory reset and see if it helps but since my fan now is noisy even att low CPU rates I doubt that it wil help. A friend suggested that the fan has popped out of place and is running unevenly so that it could help to push it back with a thin screwdriver or something similar so I might test that and see if that works.