Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer S7 weird noise

Hello everyone !

My problem is weird noise coming from my acer. It is every 4 sec, short and silent 'click' sound, coming from right side of my computer. It starts immediately after I turn it on, its always every 4 seconds ... It wasnt like this before. Is it normal? Is it a harddrive? It is very annoying, please help ...

FAQ & Answers

• Acer S7 has SSD as far as i know, so it's not the HDD clicking.

the only thing that can click is one of the internal fans.

I'm not an Acer employee.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • marcinwin88marcinwin88 Posts: 6Member

I was sure it has only one fan. How can I check the fan speed and if it works good ? This clicking is very regular - always every 4 sec, no matter whatis the fan speed ...

• every 4 seconds it's too slow to be a fan.

can you tell the exact model?

S7-xxx

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • marcinwin88marcinwin88 Posts: 6Member

Hello. I have S7-391. I was playing with fans, the noise doesnt depend on the fans speed. So its probably not the fan. Noise stars immediately after i turn my PC on. If it is not fan or HDD i have got no idea what can it be, probably some electronics inside. Its not a noise, its more like short clicking, like a watch, but every 4 sec.

• i'm out of ideas to be honest.

i can't find anything that can click on a S7, it's better to contact Acer support service.

• AnZaLiquidAnZaLiquid Posts: 1Member

Hi there. I've been experiencing the same issue hearing clicking noise with my Acer S7-391 - happens every 4 seconds just as you said. It is very worrisome, and I was just wondering if you ever solved the issue. If so, could you tell me what you did? Thanks in advance!

James