ASPIRE M1641 PCI-E

dfernandes
dfernandes Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

ASPIRE M1641 PCI-E doesn't work, is this a manufactured defect, i have purchades a geforce 210 nvidia, but the card is not detect on the bios, no option t ochange from on boardo to vga, the power supply i have is a 500w, no problem with the wattage, whats the deal with this model

Thanks 

Answers

• ajay_1988
    ajay_1988 Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Basic steps for installing a new card;

In device manager disable old card (deletes drivers)

shut down and physically install new card and make all connections/Start up and install drivers for new card.
    If video is not shown on the new card go back to integrated and enter BIOS/setup on start up and select PCIexpress as default for graphics.

• dfernandes
    dfernandes Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, this option doesnt exist in the BIOS  in this machime: "PCIexpress as default for graphics."

This PC should never been sold in the market, if cannot add another pci express card do the motherboard, then is a manufacture defect and ACER should collect this item, don't you think

• ajay_1988
    ajay_1988 Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Enter the BIOS and under Advanced Chipset Configuration -> Primary Video, change it from Auto to PCIE. And while you are in the BIOS, I would suggest making sure the Onboard Graphics Controller is set to Disabled under Integrated Peripherals. After you save your changes and exit the BIOS, upon rebooting try entering the BIOS again. If the BIOS shows, then we know the system recognizes the graphics card.

Try booting into Windows now. If you are still having problems, I would best it is driver related and if that is the case you would need to enter Safe mode and uninstall your current graphics driver.

This discussion has been closed.