Acer Aspire 6530G won't boot.

Options
Obducta
Obducta Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello everyone!

I have had my acer aspire 6530G since October 2008 now. It had the standard overheating issues and some problems with Windows Vista as well. It never had any major problems. Sadly, after comming back from New Years Eve 2014, I wanted to turn it on, but it just started up for around 4 seconds and then started to reboot again and continued so, until power was plugged out or shut down. There was only a black screen, without BIOS etc.
 I've searched forums for a solution, all of whom resulted in failure. A friend told me to throw the laptop away, as it  must be the motherboard which was the problem. After searching ebay and other sites for a replacement motherboard for quite some time, without finding any, I've stopped to search and let it be. Two days ago, just after I've found like and spare motherboard ( Acer aspire 6930), just out of fun, i've tried to turn on my laptop and guess what, it turned on?! It worked for around two days, and today - the same "black screen" issue appeared.
So I've found a motherboard from a acer aspire 6930 and I'm in need of an professional judgement!

My question:

Is it possible to replace the acer aspire 6530G motherboard (AMD Turion RM-70, 2.0GhZ) with an A.Aspire 6920/6930/6930G or 8930/8930G motherboard?

I hope you can help me out!
Sorry for the long post

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,145 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello Obducta,

Have you changed the CMOS battery (5 years)?

You should clean the inside of your laptop with a air duster - spray duster.

I give you the part number of motherboard for Aspire 6530G (only one model):

MB.AUR06.001 - MAIN BD.ZK3.MXM.RS780.W/RDR - 150.00€ - 200.00USD VAT (it's not expensive).

France
  • laurent_14
    Options

To check the part number, you'll find it near DIMM connectors:

In this example, it's MB.PT401.001

Image-1.jpg

France
  • Obducta
    Options

Thank you for  the reply and answer!

Well, the laptop is clean. I seriously don't know how it could start up after four monts of being offline and it worked fine one and a half day. When I started to enter "League of Legends" the screen just froze. I've restarted three times, as it started to reboot it alone , every 4 seconds. But after that reboot, It started up fine and afterwards it just froze again in the desktop. It didn't start up since.

Could it possibly be the acer aspire "black or dead screen"  issue concerned with BIOS?

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

In first, don't flash the bios.

I think you have a problem  with your graphic card.

--- out voltage ---

1. Remove your graphic card
    2. Connect on VGA port a external monitor or lcd/led TV (the motherboard is equipped with AMD graphic chipset)
    3. Try (install any drivers, it's just a test)
    France
  • Obducta
    Options

Well, If it would be an issue with the graphics card, wouldn't there be a beep or beeps after starting up the laptop? This one can't get into BIOS when I turn it on?

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

1. When you have an issue with the graphic card, It's not necessary to hear many beeps.
    2. When you press on F2 when you see the Acer screen, you haven't access to the bios?
    3. Are you sure you are on the internal display (Fn+F5)?

France
This discussion has been closed.