Acer Aspire 4710 - Update video driver

Dashiell_Qwerty
Dashiell_Qwerty Member Posts: 3 New User

I am playing a game using this laptop and I am having some problems. According to the email sent to me by the game's customer support, I need to update my video driver.

I have an Acer Aspire 4710 with Windows 7 Starter OS. The name of the video driver listed on my Device Manager is Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family. The version currently installed in my laptop is 8.15.10.1930

I tried updating the video driver from the Device Manager but it stated that my video driver is up to date.

What should I do?

Answers

• Charitha
    Charitha Member Posts: 131 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi Dashiell,

You need to logon internet and try the below mentioned intel driver update link. Hope this will help you

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect/graphics

Thanks & Good luck

• Dashiell_Qwerty

Thanks for the reply. I checked the site and it appears that the driver installed in my laptop is the latest version. However, I still have that problem with the game I am playing.

My video card driver is two years old and I think that it is already obsolete, since Intel is no longer updating it for two years.

Maybe I need to install a new driver?

What is the appropriate video driver for me?

My device is Acer Aspire 4710 with Windows 7 Starter OS (32 bit).

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi Dashiell_Qwerty

If after clicking the link that Charitha gave states that the driver you have is the latest one, then this means that Intel have not written a newer driver, or are no longer supporting your chipset.

So unfortunately, you cannot update your driver. Technology changes so fast - modern games are likely to be written for more advanced graphic cards!

• Dashiell_Qwerty

If I need to replace my driver, what video driver should I replace it with?

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

You can't!

Intel have not made an updated driver - you are stuck with the one you have. If you really need a laptop for gaming, you will need to buy a new one such as the Aspire V3 range. Go for a model with G on the model number - it means it has a dedicated graphics card.

I'm sad to say, as good as a model the 4710 is, technology moves fast, and is really now outdated to play games on (other than very basic ones!)

This discussion has been closed.