Bad Repair and Service

Options
Kibofa
Kibofa Member Posts: 1 New User

Also tried all these steps without success...the steps I was refering to were the steps to solve an issue with powering on.....I tried all the steps mentioned by a moderator in that topic.. Have send the device to the repair department in Temple, Texas (transportation costs $72!!). Asked them, in case they replace the computer for a new one (still under warranty), specifically NOT to replace my HDD (since it was working fine and I've put a lot of work to get the right software and settings.  I received the computer back 2 weeks later with the diagnosis: 'Replaced the hard disk and reloaded the operating system'. The (not so) funny part is; I received the computer back with a separate HD in the box. I turned on the computer, the screen stayed black, there was no LED turning green; I could only hear the fans. My thoughts were, oh guess I have to install/insert the (probably new) HDD myself (which is weird, because the repair diagnosis said REPLACED), but the service agent (level 2) refused to give me instructions how to open the back cover of the computer (ZS600 All-in-one) and told me to send the computer again to the repair department (for free this time).

Resume: I still don't know what caused the problem. I lost $72,- and a lot of time and money (using the computer for my freelance work) and still left with a lot of questions... like.. how can you reload the operating system without a HDD? And why didn't they install/insert the HDD while it back cover was open (after all they removed MY WORKING HDD!!!)? 

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I apologize for the problems you experienced with the service you received for your computer. Generally, if we repair a computer and there is a problem indicated with the hard drive, we will replace it. Since you suggested we not replace the drive, we would usually include your old hard drive in the package for data recovery. If you will send me a private message with your contact information, I can have a technical support agent contact you for additional troubleshooting of the issue.

This discussion has been closed.