Anyone successfully upgraded Win 11 to v. 24H2 on PH16-71?

User_PH16_71
User_PH16_71 Member Posts: 13 New User
edited October 26 in Predator Laptops

Anyone successfully upgraded Win 11 to v. 24H2 on PH16-71?

If so, did you run ISO or Media creation tool?

I've tried today using the Ms Media Creation Tool, the installation stopped due to driver issues (I injected all active drivers from current build, but the installer couldn't find the SSD

Answers

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,747 Pathfinder

trigger it from within windows so it picks up all drivers, instead of booting up from the media.

-----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • User_PH16_71

Have you been able to do that for 24H2 on PH16-71? How? It's not possible from Windows Update. Hence Ms Media Creation Tool attempt to clean install.

• sri369
    sri369 ACE Posts: 2,747 Pathfinder

Laptop shouldn't matter - I upgraded on two laptops - running 23H2 to 24H2. Both cases I created media, inserted the USB, double clicked setup, and selected "do not retain anything" effectively making it a new install.

-----
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
  • User_PH16_71

That is what I tried myself. As per thread topic question: did you do it on a PH16-71?

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,908 Trailblazer
    edited 3:28AM

Put the 24H2 ,ISO 5.4GB file onto the desktop and trigger the install of the 24H2 version that way, then do an update NOT a Clean Install, as when it installs and finishes, it creates a folder called Windows.old and then you need to reinstall all the apps and software that you had on 23H2 as it will pick the registration keys like and if you have lets say Office 2013 or a newer Office etc etc that you had before, its a very simple process but you have to be patient and also wait for the windows updates. Good luck.

This is the last Win-11 24H2 OS version

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍