Camera Driver missing in Aspire ES1-531 Laptop, can't access my built-in camera

AvroAbir
AvroAbir Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited October 22 in Aspire Laptops

Could anyone help me to re-install camera driver missing in Device manager. I can not access my built-in camera showing error No Camera are attached.

I search for several forum and driver page but there is no solution.

I'm already checked in Device manager Hidden Items but None. Acer does not provide camera driver in driver page. How can I resolve this problem.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,656 Trailblazer

Hi, your webcam, drivers and BIOS are all from 2016 and may not be compatible with W10 22H2 anymore, try uninstalling any webcam or camera drivers you see in Device manager, also check the Hidden Devices in View (menu) and just reboot. If no results get an external USB webcam for around $30: Amazon.com : webcam for windows 10

• AvroAbir
    AvroAbir Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Though it is outdated but My camera works properly with W10 22H2 x64. Suddenly it stopped working showing this error. I found a driver bellow link. would you please tell me, Is it safe and will solve my problem? if solvable then How can I install them?
    https://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/acer/laptops-desktops/aspire-e1-531/924
    https://www.driverscape.com/download/acer-camera

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,656 Trailblazer

Hi, not recommended to download anything from that driverscape site as that may brick your laptop, the webcam is integrated and controlled by Microsoft not by Acer or 3rd-party drivers. I recommend that you get a USB webcam like I suggested above.

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 660

Click the Start button and select Settings.
    On the left sidebar find and go into Privacy & Security.
    Scroll down on the right side to “App permissions” to find Camera and click it.
    Toggle Camera access to enable or disable the camera.

On the left sidebar find and go into Privacy & Security.
    Scroll down on the right side to “App permissions" and select Camera.
    Toggle Let apps access your camera to enable or disable app access.
    To restrict access to individual apps, click the drop-down in Let apps access your Camera to view all apps that have access to your camera.
    Choose your desired toggle settings for each item in the list.

On the left sidebar find and go into Bluetooth & devices.
    In the list of devices, scroll down and click on Camera.
    A list of the camera devices connected to your system will appear. Click the one you want to enable or disable, then click the Enable or Disable option.
    A confirmation prompt will pop up. Click Yes to continue.

Temporarily disable antivirus, firewall, and privacy software. Some programs have webcam protection built-in, which could be what's blocking it.

If turning off these programs makes the camera work, examine their settings to find out what needs to be changed, and then promptly re-enable them.
    There's probably a Webcam Protection option enabled, or something similar that's preventing your apps from using the camera.

————————————————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.