Nitro V 15 ANV15-51-574G Obsidian Black-How do I fix Weak Charging State?

BabySalmon
BabySalmon Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 20 in Nitro Gaming

I have this problem and it make me feel very uncomfortable. I use the charger that come with the laptop but this still happen. How do I fix this?

[Edited the topic title to include model number]

Answers

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,572 Trailblazer

What is your full laptop model and if you are using a USB-C charger what is the rated output power (should be 100-W). The battery cannot be charged to 100% so either there are issues with Windows power management (BIOS, MS ACPI drivers), your battery is bad, or the adapter/USB-C charger provides insufficient power. Start by running a battery report, paste this in the command prompt: powercfg /batteryreport and open the report with your Edge browser, right click and select "Print to Microsoft PDF", attach the report to your reply, type @Puraw or use "Quote" when you reply so I will get an alert.

• BabySalmon

@Puraw
    My model is Acer Nitro V 15 ANV15-51-574G Obsidian Black and I'm not using USB-C charger. It's still can charge to 100% but while I playing some game even I was plug in the charger the power still slowly reduce.

Also this problem some time will pop up and it not happen every day. (I never change charger)

Thank you for your fast support

• BabySalmon

@Puraw

(sorry for sent this two time the first one tag didn't work)

My model is Acer Nitro V 15 ANV15-51-574G Obsidian Black and I'm not using USB-C charger. It's still can charge to 100% but while I playing some game even I was plug in the charger the power still slowly reduce.

Also this problem some time will pop up and it not happen every day. (I never change charger)

Thank you for your fast support

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 12,572 Trailblazer

Hi, the AP18E7M, 58.7 Wh, October 11 (last week) with only 4 charge cycles is not the correct battery for your new laptop model from September 2023 so either a new battery was installed last week, or the battery never worked in one year.

This is the correct battery for your laptop: New Genuine AP21D8M Battery for Acer Nitro V 15 ANV15-51 5 AN515-58 16 AN16-51 | eBay

What you should do is try to claim a new battery as the laptop is still under warranty, but the battery only has 1 year coverage, nevertheless this should be an Acer AP21D8M battery (see picture of your laptop model inside) and not the AP18E7M for old 2017 AN15-51 laptop model that does not support W11 Modern Standby (see red box, first picture).