Acer Swift 3 SF314-42-R9YN does not boot up after entering sleep or power off.

DarkKazekage
DarkKazekage Member Posts: 4 New User

So my Acer Swift 3 laptop that I've had for about 3 years recently started to not turn on after entering sleep mode. When I press the power button to wake it up the little light bulb icon on the laptops side glows blue for about 5 seconds before turning back off without turning on the laptop. Along with this issue also came the weird freezing and rolling back of the clock on my laptop, no matter how often I sync my time or click automatic time zone the laptop still displays the wrong time. The only way I have been succesful in getting it to boot up is by surprisingly giving it some "taps" on the back. At first I only had to tap it lighty but now within the span of ~4 days the more I do that the harder it gets to turn on and the harder I have to "tap" it(yes, that means hit).
OTHER NOTES:
1. I read other discussions on here about an almost mirroring issue and tried the solution(which was a BIOS update) all for my laptop to refuse it due to already being on the latest BIOS
2. The keyboard backlight remains off when I get the "5 seconds off" light but does turn on when a successful boot happens.
3. I have tried rolling back the last windows update through the safe boot menu but that still didnt work
4. And lasty, AS IM TYPING THIS I get a windows pop up saying my start menu isnt working

Answers

• DarkKazekage
    edited October 16

Ugh dont mind this I meant to post in comments. I still need an answer/solution

• DarkKazekage
    edited October 16

uploading this from my phone

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 626

Unplug the power, then press and hold the battery reset for 15 seconds, release and wait 15-30 minutes then plug the power back in and try starting it. If the computer does not wake from sleep or hibernate mode, restarting the computer, changing settings, or updating the software and drivers might resolve the issue. If you have a notebook computer that cannot return from sleep mode, first make sure it is connected to a power source and the power light is on.

The most common reason for a laptop not turning on is a problem with its power supply. Start by checking these points: Ensure the power cord is securely connected to both the laptop and the wall outlet. Try a different wall outlet to rule out issues with the power source.
    Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:-

Force Restart:

• Hold down the power button for about 10 seconds until the laptop powers off.
    • Wait a few seconds, then turn it back on.
      Check Connections:
    • Ensure that the laptop is plugged into a power source. Sometimes, the battery might be drained.
    • If you’re using an external monitor, make sure it's connected properly and powered on.
      Remove External Devices:
    • Disconnect any USB devices, external hard drives, or peripherals, then try restarting the laptop.
      Try Different Power States:
    • If it doesn’t boot normally, try booting into Safe Mode. You can usually access this by pressing F8 or holding Shift while clicking Restart from the power options (if you can access them).
      Check for Overheating:
    • If the laptop feels hot, let it cool down for a while before attempting to power it on again.
      Hardware Reset (for some laptops):
    • If your laptop has a removable battery, turn it off, remove the battery, and hold the power button for about 15 seconds. Reinsert the battery and try turning it on again.
      Update Drivers:
    • If you manage to boot up, check for and install any pending updates, especially for your graphics driver.
      Check Display:
    • If possible, try connecting your laptop to an external monitor to see if it’s a display issue.
      If none of these steps work, it might be best to consult with a technician.
    —————————————————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• DarkKazekage

Sorry for the late reply. I have done everything you listed and still have the same issue. I'm going to try reinstalling windows on my laptop as a last resort. I'll comeback and say how it went.