A325-42 Laptop gets restarted or BSOD randomly(not always) during zoom meeting with screen sharing

ib_zed
ib_zed Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 17 in Aspire Laptops

Hi,

I got an Acer Aspire A325-42 laptop with Ryzen 5 7430u processor, 16GB ram few weeks back. It came with Windows 11 home. I am facing the issue that when I take zoom meetings with video call and screen sharing sometimes it randomly restarts the laptop or gives a blue screen of death and then restarts. This only happens during my zoom meetings and not while doing anything else.

I already tried updating all the drivers, applied all windows updates. But still didn't help.

Even installed AMD Radeon drivers

I tried disabling the Zoom Video option for "Use Hardware Acceleration" but no help.

Then I tried removing Win11 and installing Win 10 (suspecting a driver issue), but even on windows 10 I am facing the same issue.

Not much info is logged in the event viewer after the restart, it just says the system rebooted not in a clean way.

Any help will be appreciated.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 660

Freezing, booting and power issues of a laptop from either operating system or hardware issue problems could come from many sources with in a laptop. The basic and first thing is to try and do a reset of your Aspire laptop completely (that is if you are computer savvy and know how to disassemble a laptop?) if you don't and your laptop is under warranty, then take it to your Acer Support. as you need to firstly do a hard reset.

As all those symptoms that you have written and described above, are because your Aspire laptop windows or its graphics and other drivers and even a bios update is needed or it could be from other issues or a hardware fault but mostly corrupted drivers etc. that needs to be analyzed by Acer and/or an experienced technician.

Try doing a hard reset: Remove the back case cover (undo the 11 screws) and from the top vents pry the back case open to wards you, as it should open.
    Take the RAM out and disconnect the main battery and take it out of the laptop case.
    Disconnect the RTC/BIOS battery (which is the little black round battery)

Clean the RAM pins and motherboard plug also, leave both of these batteries disconnected for 5 min to reset the laptop, as pressing the power button for 15 sec doesn't do a hard reset.
    Reconnect the RAM first, then the RTC/BIOS battery and then the main battery, boot your laptop up (be patient as this could take up to 2min for your laptop to boot).

All the above steps should boot your laptop up without freezing but and if your OS is corrupted and has driver problems then you need to do a "Reset your PC-Keep my files" and then make sure that you update Windows to its latest updates (would help if you told us, which OS you are running?) update all the Intel integrated graphics, chipset and other drivers (best is to install the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and scan your laptop) and also make sure that the NVidia graphics drivers are all up to date, as all this appropriately done should stop the software from freezing, otherwise there is a hardware problem that needs either Acer or an experienced technician to look at your Nitro laptop and analyze and fix it.

Hope this solves your problems.

————————————————————————

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• ib_zed
    ib_zed Member Posts: 2 New User

I think you missed all the laptop details I had provided so giving it again here:
    Laptop: Acer Aspire A325-42

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7430U, integrated Radeon graphics. (Not Inter or NVidia)

RAM 16 GB

OS: Windows 11 Home, but after all this issue, I formatted it and installed Windows 10 home both were updated with all windows updates but still same issue on both.