Ethernet module for Acer Aspire 3 A315-59-7868, does it have a physical Ethernet port.

suprunchuk
suprunchuk Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited 7:28AM in Aspire Laptops

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire 3 A315-59-7868 laptop which doesn't have a physical Ethernet port. However, when I disassembled the laptop, I noticed there's a space on the motherboard that seems designed for an Ethernet module to be soldered.

Could anyone provide me with the exact model number or specifications of the Ethernet module that would be compatible with this laptop? I'm looking to manually solder it onto the motherboard to add Ethernet functionality.

Any information on the compatible Ethernet module, including part numbers or where I might be able to source one, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,675 Trailblazer

The Aspire 3 A315-59/A315-59G both have LAN Port its strange that your Acer Aspire 3 A315-59-7868 doesn’t, the mobo does have provisions for a LAN Port like in the left side shown in the caption below. If you want a lan port you will need a new bottom case and a new port and get a technician to solder it for you

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍

• suprunchuk

Tinkerer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,188 Pathfinder

@suprunchuk

This will need more than an Ethernet port in order for the Ethernet's functionality to work. Using a USB to Ethernet is a better solution.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • suprunchuk

Tinkerer

@AnhEZ28  

The thing is, using a USB-Ethernet switch is the worst idea. I use my laptop most often for local development and a local IP address, and I use Wi-Fi at the same time to surf the Internet. In this case, the network card behaves inappropriately and my Internet goes out and so on. There are also a lot of other inconveniences. Moreover, this laptop does not even have type C. I do not advise anyone to ever buy this laptop model, where there are only 2 usb outputs and one hdmi. It's a pity that I didn't buy it. If I bought it, I would take a normal laptop. BUT what I got, we have.