Touch Screen not working on SP314-54N but works with stylus

Widyan
Widyan Member Posts: 23 Troubleshooter
edited October 8 in Swift and Spin Series

Touch screen not working, but some times it working. I tired all update drivers and everything and finally fully reset the lap as well but the issue is still there. I tried the device manger enable disable as well but not help. stylish is working with the screen only issue with fingers

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,221 Trailblazer

Hi @Widyan try if this fixes it, anyway, if it is an intermittent problem, the capacitive function of the screen may be failing:

Go Control Panel - Click Hardware and Sound and then Pen and Touch - In the dialogue box that opens - select the Touch tab - See if the Use your finger as input device checkbox is ticked. If not, then tick the checkbox - OK to confirm and close the dialogue box.

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Widyan

Hi ,Thanks
    in that tab the pen/stylish input is working but not work with finger touch. I can't understand why is that?

• Axxo
    Axxo Member, Ally Posts: 577

Hi Widyan,

You could try checking the Touchpad mode in BIOS, go to BIOS screen and move to Main tab, check whether the Touchpad is in Advanced, if not switch to Advanced, if it's already in Advanced, switch to Basic and reboot, then switch back to Advanced and see whether it helps.

—————————————————————-

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful.

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 13,221 Trailblazer

Are you using Windows 10 or Windows 11?
    These are the drivers for Windows 10 and Windows 11, is this the one you have installed?

This answer is a bit silly on my part, sorry, but is the screen clean?
    Is it failing on the whole screen or just in some areas?

Regards.

• Haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si se resolvió, ¡gracias!
    • Colaborador pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer
    • Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as solution if it was solved, thanks!
    • Pro bono contributor, I do not work or speak on behalf of Acer
    • MVP de MSFT (2003-21) & Windows Insider & (alezmvp)
  • Widyan

yhhh may be that is the case but this is not touch pad. Touch screen is there any place to do that in BIOS?

Also I found another thing now, when the power adaptor is connected turning on time or restarting time it’s working fine. And after boot and then it’s working continuously even the battery. Is this with an issue that boot up time power?

• Widyan

Done all these.
    yes it’s whole screen not working,

But the existing part is it’s working for stylish,

Also I found the another thing when the boot up time power adaptor connects to the lap it’s start working, only issue is if turn on with battery power

• Widyan
  • Widyan

issue seems to be occurred in 2022 and still the ACER / Microsoft doesn't have a solution. How sad….

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,698 Trailblazer

The capacitive touch screen uses an internal USB port to transfer the coordinates to the motherboard, the active touch panel uses an I2C connection. That's why there are different drivers, and why one might work when the other is not. If your issue just appeared recently, it might be related to all those bugs introduced by the one update this last month. One of the symptoms that appear when it fails is missing USB ports, though we see those more often as keyboard and mouse failures or camera failures. Best is to uninstall that update and force a reinstall of the USB drivers. I keep expecting Microsoft to release and update to the update, but haven't seen it yet. With many other brands the symptoms are much worse, ranging from blue or green screens of death to boot loops, corrupted system files and such. At least with the Acer products we have seen reports from it's almost always USB issues only. The issue is with the September 2024 KB5043145 preview update.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.