Aspire A315-58 Fan not working

Shagge
Shagge Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2023 in Aspire Laptops

I have a Aspire A315-58 which I have had since June and the fan has randomly stopped working. Is there a fix to this or will I have to go to get it repaired.

Answers

• This laptop is still under Acer 12 months warranty, don't open it and don't try to fix a faulty cpu thermal fan, as if you open your laptop youwill void the Acer warranty. Get into contact with Acer Tech Support in your country and sent this laptop to them to repair.

These are the components that need to be removed and the fan changed for a new fan, so its an involved job that a user like you with a new laptop should not be attempting, good luck and hope this helps you out.

• Gilsworth
    Gilsworth Member Posts: 1 New User

I have this same problem and my computer is well out of warenty. It ooverheats and randomly crashes or grinds to a halt. When the fan kicks in to cools properly. I took it to a local computer shop who put it under stress but it be haved normally. Since then the probalem has recurred. usually I am not running complex or demanding software.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,562 Trailblazer

Take the Thermal Module out and change the fan to a new fan that I've referred to above, then clean all the old paste off the cpu and gpu with alcohol wipes then buy some high quality paste like the Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut Extreme that is a high performance paste and also buy a good laptop tablet cooler like a reasonably price Top Mate C12, as these coolers keep the laptops underside vent off the table and promote good ventilation and also pump fresh air into the laptop. Do all the above and also make sure that all the windows updates are done, bios version 1.35 is installed update is flashed, as all this will stop your laptop from overheating and turning off. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍